Archive

Topic: Who's Logged On NOW??? (11 replies)
#1     Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:35 pm
KB4T
Holly Hill, FL

Subject: Who's Logged On NOW???

From the QSONET.com web page, it would be handy to be able to log on as a member and see who is logged on with CQ100.

This seems like a simple thing to do yet as long as QSONET has been around, such a dynamic listing doesn't exist.

I am curious as to why that is???

Frank KB4T
Florida
#2     Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:37 am
VE3EFC

Subject:

Hi Frank. I do not like this idea because it goes against our theme of trying to simulate true HF communication. Any station is welcome to listen-in anonymously to Qso's on any band.

The use of a buddy lists, signed in list, or membership list puts us into the realm of instant messengers. It would be easy to add these features, but it was a deliberate decision to leave them out.

Perhaps we should show number of stations currently logged in on the home page. The graph at the bottom of the page gives you a good estimate.

I don''t like the idea of membership list either. It was accidentally included because we did not know the PHP-BB discussion forum would automatically generate this public list. This list was popular so we have kept it, but there have been some complaints about it.
#3     Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:56 am
KB4T
Holly Hill, FL

Subject: Roger! I withdraw this suggestion.

Doug:

I understand completely. I withdraw this suggestion.

Frank KB4T
#4     Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:03 pm
KB9BVN
Indiana

Subject:

Hey Doug

How about a box that shows how many are logged in and using the system, by band and/or mode? Or I guess we could just spin the knob like in real life.
#5     Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:15 pm
KI4ETJ
Atlanta GA

Subject:

A DX Cluster verison might be nice .. That is currently used in real RF modes..just my 2 cents.. Anyways Doug Great :!: program u have with CQ100. keep up the good job :!:
KI4ETJ

KB9BVN wrote:
Hey Doug

How about a box that shows how many are logged in and using the system, by band and/or mode? Or I guess we could just spin the knob like in real life.
#6     Thu May 29, 2008 11:18 am
K5ZRK
Sandersville, Ms.

Subject: DX CLUSTER

I like this idea because I find more and more stations who do chase dx on CQ100 and it is something that is used on hf now. This is a great program but things like this would be helpful to those of us who chase dx and states and it is used on hf radio now.- Larry, k5zrk
#7     Thu May 29, 2008 4:01 pm
G3HJF
Cheltenham Glos.

Subject: DX Cluster

Oh for goodness sake! I, for one, have come to CQ100 just to AVOID the Dx Cluster and all the racket that goes with it, together with Contests and DXpeditions and the resulting QRM and bad behaviour that goes on around the hf bands now. This is one of the last places where one can still have civilised qsos and chats even with DX stations, without the "Cluster Busters" climbing all over the qso.
Leave all that for the hf bands and the over-enthusiastic eager beavers who now inhabit them. If it ever descends to those depths then what is the point of it CQ100?
Jim G3HJF
#8     Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:59 pm
W2WXP
STUART, FL

Subject:

Hi Doug,
How about deleting non-members (non-payers) off the membership list?
I see at least 2 ops that haven't paid in years and they wonder why they are still on the list.
#9     Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:34 am
G0CTP
io83te

Subject: qso-tv suggestion

Hello Doug,
It would be nice to have a facility to qso-tv to give time and date when sent in the save menu to have a record when picture has been sent.
#10     Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:29 pm
W2BLC
Altamont, NY

Subject: No logged on feature wanted

Just like RF ham radio, you are free to tune about and listen at free will. That is how it should be. To show those logged in would destroy the fine art of sand bagging.

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.