Archive

Topic: QSOnet Numbers (8 replies)
#1     Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:43 pm
K4CHD
Bryan, Ohio USA

Subject: QSOnet Numbers

Perhaps each member could be assigned a number similar to the 10-10 numbers. Later as the membership grows it might be fun to have a contest of our own.

Thanks to the Ham who developed QSOnet.

Hank
K4CHD
#2     Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:04 pm
VE3EFC

Subject:

Thanks for this idea Hank. I wonder what the real contests would say about using QsoNet *hi*

We could have WAS and WCC certificates for the virtual ionosphere :)
#3     Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:23 pm
K5ZRK
Sandersville, Ms.

Subject: Great Idea

I have used VoIP for sometime and I think htis is the best system around. Why do we have to have " numbers". The contest could be done with clalsigns and sent in to whoever the co-ordinator is. What about AWARDS , this would draw a lot of interest I feel. The usual, dxcc, waz, wac and was and a grid square award. I think this would boast activity especially among the younger hams and moght even encourage them to get a license. Make them mixed modes and bands as well as single band, the rules are already in place for numerous other awards and this could be a great way to increase the activity especially on some of the bands that are not used that much. Just my thoughts on this subjest.
#4     Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:50 am
KH6FT
hawaii

Subject: contesting,number chasing.

due to my antenna and property restrictions I really enjoy this "New-
Mode of communications,but just one mans opinion, I think contesting-
number chasing (1010) and maybe even paper chasing will turn alot of
people off. there's enough of that on Hf, also too many add-on bells & -
whistles may only cause more headaches,glitches. thats just one mans
opinion now. Thanks Doug for a for a great program, simplicity is the
way to go I think.aloha..alex-kh6ft
#5     Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:17 am
WB0WLS
Grand Island NE -- Let's work some CW -- CW, music to a ham's ears

Subject:

I've never been big into collecting numbers for awards, WAS, etc... but I am a member of the FISTS group and give out the number if somebody wants it.

I suppose something could be done here on qsonet as mentioned above... as far as NUMBERS go, we already have a number... it's the number assigned to you when you joinded. Click on the "memberlist" and find your name, date joined and the "number". I joined on Oct. 18 and my number is 935.

So I would suggest that if there is a need to create an activity in the future with collecting numbers....there is no need to further complicate things with other numbers.... just use the one that has already been assigned to you.
#6     Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:46 am
VE5DKB
North Battleford, SK

Subject: Contest numbers

Hi all:
I was just going to suggest using the 'Membership List' numbers for awards etc. as AE0V suggested above. Doug keeps an up-to-date list and I'm sure he will be keeping it active thus making it easily verifiable. If members drop out after the trial peroid, this will leave holes, but if Doug doesn't re-number the list, this should be no problem. I like the idea myself, that I've included mine in my comment line.
Just installed 'Build 178' and looking forward to future improvements!
Keep up the good work Doug, but wondering when you have time to eat and sleep!

Dave VE5DKB
Member Number 163
#7     Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:06 pm
VE6TJL
EDMONTON AB

Subject: Contesting!

Ooo I like that idea a lot! As one knows using IRB's means no contesting, and I have logins for 3 W4MQ, VK3UR and KO6SY. I would love to do a contest! Especialy ones like sweeps and the IARU. That would be interesting to do. Key question how to do that in a way that still lets others who want to use the system have foom to work. As one knows the bands get messy when a big contest is on the air. I think it would be of value to have a contest window of say between 14.150 and 14.180 and if in future we can split the frequencies down to the smaller units as with RF gear you could have some real effective activity. I am up for a test run anyone else game for say a sweeps type contest! :shock:
#8     Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:32 am
W1PI
Sebring, Florida

Subject: County Hunters

Alex, VK1AC and I were having fun last evening and he said he was going to start collecting counties, hi hi. A fun idea. I told him I was in Highlands County, Florida and he told me he was in Murry County, Bywong, Australia. Who knows maybe a 10-10 contest, hi. It would set a lot of fellows into fits. All tung in cheak, hi hi.
#9     Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:40 am
G1LKJ
Ash Vale, Surrey, UK

Subject:

In the Royal Naval Amateur Radio Society, Royal Signals Amateur Radio Society and the RAFARS one in the UK we used to use membership numbers and at one time used to collect them, lately it's been qsl cards especially the RSARS.

Phil.

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.