Archive

Topic: Electronic Log (8 replies)
#1     Mon May 28, 2007 2:46 pm
VE7HJ
Delta, BC

Subject: Electronic Log

It would be great if CQ100 could have a way to copy the details (call sign, band, time) into a log book by clicking on the call sign on the screen.

This would be similar to Ham Radio Deluxe, which uses QRZ to get the details. I believe this feature would help increase the use of the system for contacts and maybe even some contests for CQ100.

I love this program and system and give high marks for helping encourage the young to join the ham radio hobby, I am also promoting your system to every ham that can not have their own home station due to space or restrictions.

Thanks, James Johnson VE7HJ
#2     Mon May 28, 2007 5:15 pm
VE3EFC

Subject:

Hi James,

I am working on it.

73, Doug
#3     Mon May 28, 2007 9:43 pm
VE7HJ
Delta, BC

Subject: Log

Doug,

I can not say enough about the program ans network you have created. I will be signing up or paying my dues before the 90 days are up.

Thanks for adding the log function it will be a neat feature. So how can I create a DX Spot for CQ100 only? I would imagine the system could report automatically.

73, James
#4     Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:45 pm
G4MHJ
Bexleyheath, Kent, UK

Subject: QSO DATA

Just started using this program and think it is really good with no TVI! One thing that immediately came to mind was trying to remember call signs and names. Being more of an RF Mobile operator I got by but it was always a problem for me without writing it down.

My Callsign - Listening is fine when I am just ear-wigging but when I press the PTT I don't really need to know my details on the screen. Could the other station on the "frequency" be shown instead?
#5     Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:56 am
G4MHJ
Bexleyheath, Kent, UK

Subject:

Thanks for the entries folks. I found the link within CQ100 to QRZ by accident which I find so useful assuming the contact has made a QRZ entry. If so, I copy and paste into a Word document and this is used as a log.
#6     Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:05 am
M6ETA
Kent, UK

Subject:

So far I think the program is great., but what's happened to the CQ100 logbook? would be a brilliant addition to an already great service.
#7     Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:06 pm
W2WXP
STUART, FL

Subject: Are we losing operators on CQ100?

Yes, I believe we are! We certainly do not find many using the CW mode. There seems to be less on the phone portion also.
I suggest we give a band (11 meters) to non licensed wanna be hams. Inhibit those operators from jumping to other bands until they produce a license. Maybe those ops will provide more activity in the digital modes, eventually.
#8     Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:21 am
VK4ALL
Logan City, Queensland, Austral

Subject:

I support W2WXP's suggestion of non-hams on the 11 meter band - this would encourage prospective future hams to become licensed and join the rest of us on the ham allocated bands.
It would also contribute financially to keeping this great system going for all of us.
What do you think ?
Rob
#9     Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:16 am
W2BLC
Altamont, NY

Subject: An 11-meter CB Band - worth considering

I have to agree - the new band would create new revenue and allow a place for potential hams to get their feet wet. It would have to be tightly controlled, or the 90 day test period would be heavily abused.

I am in no way suggesting something similar to HamSp...'s operation.

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.