Archive

Topic: code practice (2 replies)
#1     Tue May 08, 2007 2:27 am
KC5PTX
324 Bryan Dr Garland,Tx.75042

Subject: code practice

I believe it would be very helpful to hear, Introduction to Morse Code, at 5 wpm on the cq 20m beacon. Similar, to the code practice files of the ARRL. Code practice now does not consider operators that need to start with the basics. e.g. Expanation of prosigns, Q codes and abbreviations that are practiced worlwide. Practice should start at 5 wpm and increase to about 20 wpm to accomadate beginner and pro's alike. In the maner operators can develop skills in copying by sound. I don't see the need for faster code as most can copy this with decoding programs. Any comments will be appreciated. Tnx Issi kcptx
#2     Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:12 pm
GM0TBH
Ayr Scotland

Subject: CW

I think that the suggestion by KC5PTX is an excellent one. This would encourage new licence holders to enjoy the CW mode and remove all the MYTHS ABOUT HOW HARD IT IS TO LEARN. --... ...- -.. --. -- ----- - -...
#3     Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:56 am
KC5PTX
324 Bryan Dr Garland,Tx.75042

Subject: slow speed cw

Hi James,
I tried to get support for a slow speed cw practice on CQ 100 in 2007. Everyone was interested in fast speed cw only except for a few operators. There was also disagreement on how to teach it. There was criticism even from operator's that know nothing about cw. My suggestion to you is to buy the "Introduction to Morse Code' CD by the ARRL. They also offer a free code practice on the Internet that will take you from 5 WPM to as fast as you want to go. Just visit the "W1AW Code Practice Files" web site. Good Luck and 73.

Issi kc5ptx

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.