Is it possible to have an AUTOMATIC LOGGING PROGRAM,
to work in conjunction with QS100?
Just a thought.

Russ W2RUS
#2     Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:24 am
G4ILO
Cockermouth, UK

Subject:

I thought that too. The system knows who you are in contact with, after all. I don't see the point in using a full-blown ham radio log, but it would be useful to have a record of who you have linked up with so you can be reminded when you have spoken to someone before. My memory isn't what it was...
#3     Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:25 pm
VA2TGO
Saint-Eustache, Quebec, Canada

Subject:

Good Idea for the records....
#4     Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:10 am
9H4CM
VICTORIA GOZONEAR MALTA

Subject: SCRATCHPAD

Please read my message in suggestion box entitled Scratchpad and the reply
I got you will find a good logging program which will do all you needs

Regards
Charles 9H4CM
#5     Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:40 pm
VE1HFX
Lower Sackville, NS

Subject:

I also would love to see an automatic logging feature added in. There is no need for many fields. Call sign, name, band, mode and a big comment area would be sufficient. Record keeping and a search function would be beneficial.

John VE1HFX
#6     Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:38 am
VA7JL
Penticton,BC

Subject:

Yes, a simple automatic logging program would be nice. Might I suggest a similar program as that found on Echolink....plain but effective. :roll:
#7     Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:51 pm
KC0KVO
27299 CR 316 Carrollton, Mo

Subject: Replica of HF Radio

I understand the thought of the logging program. However if there was an automatic logging program like echolink then this would not be a true replica of an HF rig now would it..I mean if it were a real HF rig you would have to write down all the contacts by hand. It seems to me we want to change this to much. It is just fine like it is. If you want an automatic logging program use echolink, if you don't then use the HF rig or this. I mean why don't we suggest a camera feature so we can see the other person. And a private phone number so the other person can call us whenever they want. For pete sakes this is supposed to represent a HF Rig. Do we have those features on an HF Rig. Please leave this great radio alone. If someone else wants to design one that will call the other person up for you, and talk to them for you, and log everything for you, then where is the fun in ham radio. If you don't like it, you don't have to buy it.
#8     Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:49 pm
WA4TWA
TALLAHASSEE FLORIDA

Subject: LOGGING

There is a QSL program that keeps a record of your entries, and will have a QSL card ready for any one who logs in, from you. They can save it, print it or erase it. It's pretty neat, and free. (I did donate)

http://www.eqsl.cc/qslcard/Index.cfm

Charlie

WA4TWA
#9     Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:21 am
KD9XH
Sarasota,FL

Subject:

As suggested by WA4TWA eQSL is a great program with a few drawbacks. 1) There is no way to list a CQ100 QSO under the special propagation menu. 2) My eQSL response is less than 10%. You can read their forums to find that many members are not doing much better. 3) Only about one half of my QSO contacts are eQSL members to begin with. I recently started using LOTW as well. I got 7 responses to my first upload of 182 QSO's, an even worst rate than eQSL.

This is what I would like to see. Every member gets a basic homepage on the QSONET server. A simple logging proram as suggested by others in this thread. The logging program would dovetail with QSONETS own QSL program. I feel that this would improve the return rate for those of us who want QSL's.

OSONET is The Ultimate SDR. All of these suggestions are available now, but not in a form that is QSONET user friendly.

Ted
#10     Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:12 pm
N1VMC
Lynn,Ma

Subject:

Great idea a virtual log,one button push logging and one button push to send to eqsl if thay ever put in VOIP as a mode or better yet upload to a QsoNet QSL bureau for VOIP Radio contests and awards. I can't wait,how about you? Time marches on,lets keep up. I want my QsoNet WAS,etc.

73 to all and God speed--------Have a nice day Rich :) at Orlando,Fl winter station
ps
:posted in related areas

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.