Archive

Topic: Awards department (1 replies)
#1     Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:53 pm
W5THA
Bastrop, TX 78602

Subject: Awards department

douglas why not have an awards program/department for making contact similar to ARRL, ie. worked all states, worked DX (100 countries etc)?

Why NOT have a stronger statement about class of license. I have been promoting your Qsonet and telling those that you operate in the band limits of your license. That is PROFESSIONAL, ETHICAL, HONEST> Telling people that as long as you have valid HAM license you can operate any place on a specific band LOWERS your creditability and my support for your program which I do find interesting. As long as I have $32.00 of leagal currency from any country than that should pay my bill with you even if it does NOT equal what you intended correct? Similar philosophy.

Thomas H. Arcy, PH.D>
W5THA
#2     Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:19 am
G0DNI
Shrewsbury, UK

Subject: Re: Awards department

W5THA wrote:
Why NOT have a stronger statement about class of license. I have been promoting your Qsonet and telling those that you operate in the band limits of your license. That is PROFESSIONAL, ETHICAL, HONEST> Telling people that as long as you have valid HAM license you can operate any place on a specific band LOWERS your creditability and my support for your program which I do find interesting. As long as I have $32.00 of leagal currency from any country than that should pay my bill with you even if it does NOT equal what you intended correct? Similar philosophy.

Thomas H. Arcy, PH.D>
W5THA

Sorry, don't agree with this. I do agree that CQ100 should be limited to licenced amateurs, but let's not get too excited about band plans. As I'm a UK user but the bandplan is North American, does that mean that I shouldn't "transmit" on certain CQ100 frequencies? Yes, lets stick to the CW/Voice plans as set up by Doug, but don't exclude those without HF licence privileges.

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.