Archive

Topic: How to find a person on the member list? (7 replies)
#1     Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:29 pm
WB0AXN
Des Moines, IA

Subject: How to find a person on the member list?

A ham friend of mine signed up when I told him about CQ100 and after a few minutes use, he said he loves it......and then he said he sent out a dozen emails to his friends, inviting them to join in the fun.

An hour later, he asked me how to find out if any of his friends were members and I told him to do a search.
That's when he and I found out you can't do a search for a member.

So, my question is: how do you search for a ham friend who is a member??

Roln
#2     Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:57 pm
VE3EFC

Subject:

Hi Roln. I don't see a way to search the member list. If you click on the last page, you see all the registrations on the past few hours. There is a way to sort the Memberlist by callsign but its difficult to search after its sorted.
#3     Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:15 pm
G0DNI
Shrewsbury, UK

Subject: Re: How to find a person on the member list?

WB0AXN wrote:
A ham friend of mine signed up when I told him about CQ100 and after a few minutes use, he said he loves it......and then he said he sent out a dozen emails to his friends, inviting them to join in the fun.

An hour later, he asked me how to find out if any of his friends were members and I told him to do a search.
That's when he and I found out you can't do a search for a member.

So, my question is: how do you search for a ham friend who is a member??

Roln

Go to Memberlist, then sort by joined date descending. This will give you the last 50 persons to have signed up. You can then move back in time by a page at a time. Not ideal, but better than nothing.

It's easy to find somebody who has posted a message to the forum, (use search, by author - if they've used their callsign as the member name) but if they haven't, then there is no easy way of finding them.
#4     Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:27 pm
WB0AXN
Des Moines, IA

Subject: Re: How to find a person on the member list?

Go to Memberlist, then sort by joined date descending. This will give you the last 50 persons to have signed up. You can then move back in time by a page at a time. Not ideal, but better than nothing.

It's easy to find somebody who has posted a message to the forum, (use search, by author - if they've used their callsign as the member name) but if they haven't, then there is no easy way of finding them.[/quote]

Gary,

Even the search by author doesn't work! I entered my call sign and did a search.....nothing showed, even though I've posted 5 or 6 notes.

Yes, you can page thru the member list for a friends call, which as you know, can be time consuming. If you think it's bad now, how about when there are 300 or 500 pages of members?? It would be nice too if you could search by country, or in the USA by state and or city.

Roln
#5     Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:09 pm
VE3EFC

Subject:

We will look at providing a web page linked to the Qsonet member database. This database is entirely seperate from the discussion forum.
#6     Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:20 am
G0DNI
Shrewsbury, UK

Subject:

Roln,

Are you sure that you did the search using the "find by author" box and not the "find by subject" box on the search page :?:

You show up fine when I search for you :)
#7     Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:48 am
WB0AXN
Des Moines, IA

Subject:

Gary,

I was entering my call letters when doing a search....instead of my name.
That's why I wasn't finding my posts....

Roln
#8     Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:22 am
G4ILO
Cockermouth, UK

Subject:

Is the searchable member list available yet?

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.