Archive

Topic: W A R C. Bands (7 replies)
#1     Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:58 am
M1DWD
oldham. N.W.UK

Subject: W A R C. Bands

I have been using CQ100 for 3 days and i am most impressed, ideal if you have no room for antennas,or you want to do away with possible effects of (RF) interferance to TV'S/PC'S/HOME ALARM SYSTEMS.TELEPHONES, the list is endless. but it would be nice to see the WARC bands on the transceiver,an extremely well thought out programme.i look forward to meeting/making lots of new friends on the air.
#2     Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 am
W0SDG
Apple Valley MN

Subject: Re: W A R C. Bands

M0DPX wrote:
it would be nice to see the WARC bands on the transceiver,an extremely well thought out programme.i look forward to meeting/making lots of new friends on the air.

I am not sure what the WARC bands would accomplish? There is already more then enough room for everyone to chat. I think the idea might be to allow anyone with a legitimate ham license to be able to use this program without any segregation of the class of license. There are no special purposes intended other then to follow good operating protocal. This program is simple in concept and still allows a broad spectrum of ham related modes just as it is. To me, the only thing that would need changing are program bugs, and maybe a couple of features that benefit everyone. CQ100 doesn't need customizing. Another nickles worth :D

Steve - W0SDG
#3     Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:24 pm
M1DWD
oldham. N.W.UK

Subject:

a very comprehensive answer steve. (i dont think i asked for cq100 to be customized) 8)
#4     Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:58 pm
W0SDG
Apple Valley MN

Subject:

Your right, you didn't. That was just the frosting on my cake I was baking!!

Steve
#5     Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:32 am
M1DWD
oldham. N.W.UK

Subject:

:lol:
#6     Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:15 am
W4WWQ
Forest, VA

Subject:

The band buttons represent internet servers. They could have been identified as 1,2,3,4,5,6, or A,B,C,D,E,F, or East, West, North , South, DX, Local. And the chat room digital code would be something other than a frequency we recognize. But then it wouldn't look/feel like a radio we are acustom to.

If the spectrum display showing what frequencies (chat rooms) are in use stays cluttered/busy, then the need for additonal chat rooms supported by another server (band button) may be justified.

Don't fix it till it is broke!
#7     Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:14 pm
VE3EFC

Subject:

We were thinking about added a 6 meter or 2 meter virtual band with a new hand-held transceiver skin. Maybe in February.
#8     Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:28 pm
W0SDG
Apple Valley MN

Subject:

You are just having way to much fun Doug. :D

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.