Archive

Topic: Scratch Pad (4 replies)
#1     Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:23 am
9H4CM
VICTORIA GOZONEAR MALTA

Subject: Scratch Pad

I would like to see incorporated in QSO100 a Scratch Pad in order for us SENIOR CITIZENS who's Memory is fading can jot down the other stations details instead of having bits of paper on the desk I think it would be a GREAT AID.
THINK ABOUT IT DOUG

Regards
Charles 9H4CM
:D
#2     Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:19 pm
W4WWQ
Forest, VA

Subject: COPY

A COPY or "Cntl C" command to copy the Callsign, freq, information from the screen would be nice. Then PASTE or "Cntl V" into Notepad with it's F5 time/date stamp feature should serve the need.
#3     Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:51 pm
W1PI
Sebring, Florida

Subject: Try Using MS Notepad

During the interim, try using Microsoft's Notepad. Create a window about the same size as the CQ100 and mount it below the tranceiver (on the screen of course). It works great and allows you to list all the calls, etc. If you hit the "F5" key, it will put in the Date & Time. Very convenient and its down and dirty.

Clay, W1PI
#4     Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:37 pm
DU1GM
Manila

Subject:

TablePro is a shareware program with which you can make a simple logbook with all the columns you need in about 1 minute. More columns can be added later as you see fit. It is very much simpler than a normal logbook software and ideal for CQ100 use.
It can sort by clicking on column headings, so you can see the past qso's in date or time order, check countries worked etc.
It is better than using Notepad because of its sort facility, and it is easy to use with CQ100 as the data entry box can be positioned above the "transceiver".
http://zgspro.com/?page=tablepro

George
DU1GM
#5     Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:05 pm
W0SDG
Apple Valley MN

Subject:

Thanks George for the info regarding Table Pro. It certainly is easy to use, setup and customize. I am a bit disappointed in it's asking price though, because it is a very simple program. Unlike CQ100, I feel it is overpriced at this time and since I don't take advantage using shareware that I don't pay for, I will currently use the computers "Notepad" or a small "Excel" file, size it to the window, and accomplish the purpose I need it to do. One or both of these programs is already built in to most computers, easy to use, and serves the purpose.

Steve

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.