Archive

Topic: all possible options (2 replies)
#1     Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:11 pm
N5RNY
Plainview Tx

Subject: all possible options

After reading through the suggestions, I've decided that Doug should add every option we can think of, now and in the future. He should quit his regular job, and respond to us immediatley, and incorporate every new upgrade in the transceiver, and issue notices each day of each new additional feature, so we can immediately download the new version and have the latest and greatest. All this should of course be free to us, the end users! What about it Doug?
:wink:

Actually, having two or three versions, such as the CQ100, the original easy to operate version, and maybe the CQ700, which would be an upgraded (and upgradeable) transceiver, which might cost extra to download, (money maker, huh) and maybe a high-end CQ1000, which has all the latest and greatest features, only available-at extra cost- to operators who have been on QSONET for say, 6 months. Kindve like the old, old, Extra Class rules, where you had to have some on-the-air experience to get the top license class. The ability for operators to discuss their different rigs has always been a staple on the ham bands.

Its fun to sit here and fill up the wish list, but I know its a long and involved process writing software.

Good Luck Doug!

N5RNY
#2     Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:18 pm
W0SDG
Apple Valley MN

Subject: Re: all possible options

N5RNY wrote:
After reading through the suggestions, I've decided that Doug should add every option we can think of, now and in the future. He should quit his regular job, and respond to us immediatley, and incorporate every new upgrade in the transceiver, and issue notices each day of each new additional feature, so we can immediately download the new version and have the latest and greatest. All this should of course be free to us, the end users! What about it Doug?

Now, finally someone who makes sense :twisted:
#3     Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:17 pm
W0NBP
Ottumwa, Iowa

Subject:

In reading all the threads on the forum, I believe that the general consensus is, "Leave it Alone" ...!!!

It is probably about as good as it can possibly get. In the last week I have worked Phone, CW, PSK31, RTTY and SSTV..... WOW .... !!
What more could a person ask for on a virtual radio ??

Several others and I have been experimenting with SSTV and although not perfect we have come up with some pretty good pictures. I imagine that it will not be long till a really smart ham will come across the perfect way to send info on SSTV using CQ100 and an SSTV program and share it on this forum and we will all be using it.

Just my 2 cents worth

de W0NBP

Bill

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.