Archive
 
 
  Topic: Strike throughs (3 replies)
#1     Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:46 pm
2E0HJD
CLITHEROE, LANCASHIRE ,UK
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2
Subject: Strike throughs

Hi just wondering if it could be possible to have Strike throughs on the zero digit in call signs ? the zero`s can confuse a lot of stations who Interpret them as the letter O.
__________________
#2     Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:20 pm
G3VFP
Chorley
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5
Subject:

Absolutely agree with the comments regarding the slash through zero's in call signs.

Dave G3VFP
__________________
#3     Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:42 pm
VE3EFC
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 724
Subject:

I like this idea too. Unfortunately, its not easy because it would be necessary for our installer to install a custom font onto the computer's windows system. Some configurations of windows resist intrusive installation procedures. I know I can make it work for 90% then i will spend many hours trying to help the other 10% *hi*.

Some non-English versions of Windows may not show the proper letters if I mess with the font.
__________________
#4     Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:50 pm
VE3MOX
Sault Ste Marie Ont.Can
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 8
Subject: slash zero,s

see you egg shaped the zero,s doug great very easy to see .am telling operators who mention this just look at them great job .Doug 73,s Gus
__________________




Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.