Archive

Topic: "skins" with various transceiver layouts and color (6 replies)
#1     Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:12 am
N9VV
Naperville, IL USA

Subject: "skins" with various transceiver layouts and color

how about "skins" with various colors and representing various rig layouts?
#2     Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:07 pm
WA0BBS
Apopka FL

Subject: I like it

This would be a nice feature, especially if I could get a skin of my old KWM-2. 73, Peter WAØBBS
#3     Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:55 pm
KD4YSG
Pekin, IL

Subject: Re: I like it

WA0BBS wrote:
This would be a nice feature, especially if I could get a skin of my old KWM-2. 73, Peter WAØBBS

That sounds great! alow useers to choose from a list or even downloadable skins, Anything from a Drake TR3 to the most modern
Kenwood. My vote is in...
#4     Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:32 pm
KB3KJV
Frederick MD

Subject:

Skins would add to the fun
#5     Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:54 am
G6OHM
CHATTERIS,CAMBS

Subject: Different Skins

Hi all
I too think it would be a great idea.

Andy G6OHM
#6     Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:51 pm
W0SDG
Apple Valley MN

Subject:

I just wonder how much programming time it would take to add just one additional skin let alone a customized one for each and everyone registered? It seems to me that when you buy a Kenwood or an Icom or Yeasu, that they don't offer a customized casing to their rigs. The CQ100 is a rig with it's own identity so why not allow it to be what it is, a "CQ100". There are probably allot of "neat" things that could be done, but are they practical and benefit the majority of users here. In my way of thinking, personalizing isn't exactly the types of suggestions Doug is looking for. Suggestions like logging features, memory channel options, minimizing, and things that would improve the operation of the CQ100, is what is more beneficial for everyone concerned. Maybe after the more needed issues are dealt with, Doug could then play around with the "neat" ideas a bit, but I would think that constructive suggestions are needed at present, and especially those that aren't already dealt with using third party software already proven to work well with the CQ100 as is. Sure, this is all fun stuff, but at who's expense, and for whose purpose? I can enjoy the basic purpose of this rig without any of the frivilous stuff.

Steve - W0SDG
#7     Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:24 am
VE3EFC

Subject:

Skinning is a really cool idea. There was some discussion like this a few months ago. Unfortunately, the CQ-100 transceiver was not designed for skinning, so it would be a major rewrite. Its just a matter of finding time to do it. I would like to make an HT skin for 2 meter band. Some old boat anchors would be nice too - Hallicrafter, Drake, Hammerlund, Collins, Heath, etc .

The "CQ-100" is the first of many possible transceivers to use the "Qsonet Virtual Ionosphere". Many people are confused between the two names.

73 Doug

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.