Archive

Topic: AF Gain / Frequncy controls (6 replies)
#1     Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:50 pm
K4FIE
Rotonda West, FL

Subject: AF Gain / Frequncy controls

Don't know if this has been mentioned before, but I think you should consider switching the AF gain and the up/down frequency keys. When looking at the display, I often find myself pressing the left/right arrows to change frequency. Also, up/down would be the proper convention for increasing/decreasing audio gain. What do you think?
#2     Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:36 pm
VE3EFC

Subject:

I thought about this at the time I programmed it. Going left and right on the band translates to the left and right arrow keys, so I understand your point. I tried to make it like a TV remote control where the left right is always volume and the up down is channel. I guess most users are used to it now, so I wont change it at this time unless there is a big concensus.

73, Doug
#3     Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:06 pm
K4FIE
Rotonda West, FL

Subject:

Thanks for the quick reply, Doug. I understand your logic and position - it might be confusing to change it now. Hopefully, other users will offer their thoughts.

73's

Ken
#4     Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:19 pm
W7RJR
Spokane, WA

Subject: Controls

I constantly make this same mistake. Intuitively I would have thought left and right for frequency and up/down for volume...also the VOX control is the reverse of what I expected.

I doubt that changing it now would really cause that much confusion.
#5     Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:02 pm
N5RNY
Plainview Tx

Subject: arrow keys

How about a setting menu, where the user can reverse the operation of the up/down. left/right arrow keys? Let the user have the option. I also like the idea of a 'minimize' option.

N5RNY
#6     Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:36 pm
KI7IL
Sequim, Washington USA

Subject:

I also would like to see the frequency controlled with the right/left arrows, and the volume controlled with the up/down arrows.
Or, have a 'Settings' menu as indicated by N5RNY in the above post.
#7     Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:57 pm
VE3EFC

Subject:

http://photo.net/equipment/digital/hardware/shuttle/

I got my hands onto a Shuttle Pro and it works great with the CQ100 transciever. There is a setup menu where you set the hot keys for the buttons and knobs. It was fun getting the setup just right for nice tuning, volume and mic gain.

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.