Archive

Topic: Digital SSTV signals on cq100? (3 replies)
#1     Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:27 pm
N2BEW
Valatie, NY

Subject: Digital SSTV signals on cq100?

I recently heard that hamsphere is going to soon be adding the ability to send digital SSTV signals over their network that will be able to be read with easypal software and probably others too, and that these signals are much clearer and better then the analog signals that now work over cq100 and hamsphere.

Does anyone know if there are any future plans to add this ability to cq100?

I am new to both cq100 and sstv, and I would personally love this feature added to cq100, I have no interest in getting on hampshere.
I am really enjoying learning these digital modes and expect my experience to carry over to when I am on the hf bands as well, and I know there are many hams on cq100 that have cq100 as the only way they are able to stay active in the hobby who could really benefit too.
#2     Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:04 pm
VE3EFC

Subject:

Many people are using QsoTV to share pictures in CQ100.
http://www.qsonet.com/qbb/viewtopic.php?t=941
#3     Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:52 pm
N2BEW
Valatie, NY

Subject:

Thanks for the reply Doug,

I use qsotv all the time and love it, and it does actually work better then SSTV.
Thanks for that feature, it is great.
So you may ask why use sstv at all?

It is just more interesting and fun to use the real sstv audio signals in cq100.
Not for regular picture sharing like qsotv but to practice and use the real mode of sstv with other sstv enthusiasts from around the world.

There are actually quite a few people that use analog sstv on the cq100 system now.

I am new to the mode myself and having a ball using it and I want to learn how to use the digital easypal too and plan on eventually using it on the air by radio.
I know some people stopped using hamsphere when they took the ability away to use it at all on that system, but with talk of them releasing a new version of hamsphere that allows use of digital sstv signals on the system there are folks planning on going back to that system to use the mode.

As I said I am new to the mode but my understanding is there is a different type of digital signal that easypal uses that is not the same as the audio one that analog sstv uses and now works on cq100.
The way the cq100 system is now the digital signal does not work.
It has something to do with compression.
Thanks again,
Tom
n2bew
#4     Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:56 pm
VE3EFC

Subject:

Hi Tom,

If you click Search at the top of this discussion forum and enter SSTV, you will find lots of discussion and advice about using SSTV over CQ100.

73, Doug

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.