Archive

Topic: Digital modes? (6 replies)
#1     Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:27 pm
W7RJR
Spokane, WA

Subject: Digital modes?

Some of us have successfully interfaced other programs with CQ100, such as MixW which offers a number of digital modes such as RTTY, PSK31, SSTV, etc.

Knowing that you want to keep this program simple, what are your thoughts on using these modes?

Thanks
#2     Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:45 pm
VE3EFC

Subject:

Hi Bob. I think its great that people are experimenting. Its ham radio at its best! My experiments with PSK31 and FSK were not highly successful, but some stations are claiming great success. There is plenty of bandwidth for all. so people not interested can just tune away.

I don't think I would ever build these modes into the CQ100 transceiver because I want to keep it simple. The use of MixW alongside the transceiver is fine for those who are interested.
#3     Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:58 pm
K3HIF
Philadelphia

Subject: Interfacing with Mix w

I see that someone had posted a question about using mix w with this program, will someone please go a little further into this (as to how its done), also a cw decoder is a great idea....
#4     Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:18 am
G0DNI
Shrewsbury, UK

Subject:

See the separate thread regarding CwGet - I'll post some details about how it works there.
#5     Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:33 am
W0NBP
Ottumwa, Iowa

Subject:

MixW is the best solution to digital communications on CQ100. Simply change your options tab from CW output to Soundcard and you are set to go. It will work with all modes and will decode CW. Best is PSK31. This mode is fun to use and I predict that in a very short period of time we will see many lines on the waterfall.....
Thanks to the developer and all who helped. I am having a ball with this mode.

de W0NBP

Bill
#6     Tue Dec 05, 2006 4:24 am
WB5MXO
Broken Arrow OK

Subject:

psk31 works great. I use digipan, SSTV is another story!!
#7     Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:49 am
K2SHN
Rochester, NY

Subject:

Couldn't agree more with the previous posts comments. PSK 31 is great here and the software brand doesn't seem to matter. My choice is DigiPan and have had no problems. Of course, trying to "walk " new stations through the soundcard set up is another story :wink:

There seems to be little to none RTTY action but its popularity has been on the downside for a while. MMTTY works fine here as well.

I'm hearing many interesting tones for cw too. Some straight keys but seems typing is the method of choice here. Some are using Cw Com to generate their tone using their own keys. CwType / CwGet work just fine too once they are adjusted and AA Logger is a real bonus if you want to log your Qso's.

But..... what's with sstv here ? Most pics I'm getting with mmsstv look like they've come from the real 20 m on a qrn / qrm day. :cry:

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.