Archive

Topic: qs0-tv (3 replies)
#1     Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:40 am
WB0UNB
FENTON, MISSOURI

Subject: qs0-tv

It would be great if pictures received on qso-tv you could left chick on picture and would go full screen on your monitor.
#2     Fri May 21, 2010 2:35 pm
KF7DWB
Tacoma Seattle, WA.

Subject: Re: qs0-tv

WB0UNB wrote:
It would be great if pictures received on qso-tv you could left chick on picture and would go full screen on your monitor.

Really neat suggestion, I would also like if it were possible if qso tv would support other picture formats other then jpg? Such as PNG, GIF, Formats :?: :D
#3     Fri May 21, 2010 9:14 pm
NJ3H
Stephens City, Virginia, USA

Subject:

It appears that the QSO-TV program resizes all pictures to 444x333 pixels. This is the size of all saved pictures when automatically saved by QSO-TV.

If pictures at this size were shown full screen, then they would not be sharp and would show pixelation.

Of course, since the pictures a lot of users upload already have a resolution much higher than the 444x333 size, these pictures could conceivably be displayed full screen with not loss of resolution.

My recommendation is that if you see a picture you like, ask the sender to send you his full size picture via email. There is already enough going on in the desktop setup that I use that having to deal with full size pictures would just add to the clutter. Due to my eyesight issues, I use 1024x768 (or something similar). At this setting, the CQ100 and the QSO-TV don't quite fit vertically. Plus I have my logging program on the screen as small as I can get the data entry screen. Even that overlaps a little with the QSO-TV. There really is no way I could deal with full size pictures.

If other formats were allowed (like BMP or TIF), then the file sizes would be considerably larger than the equivalent jpg version. Of course, I would rather have bmp or tif pictures in my picture collection, since each pixel is saved the same each time the file is saved (i.e., no file compression). So, again, if you like a picture, ask the sender to email it to you. I don't see QSO-TV as the way to collect high-quality pictures. Anyway, the larger files would just bog down the system. The couple of seconds for normal jpg pictures is reasonable.

What I would like to see on CQ100 is more users. Ten cents a day surely is not too much to pay for such a fine service. So come on folks, register for a year, renew, and use CQ100.

Regards,
George, NJ3H
#4     Sat May 22, 2010 2:16 pm
KF7DWB
Tacoma Seattle, WA.

Subject:

Thanks for the nice explanation here on the picture formats :D
Appreciate this allot! :D Me too I'd like to see more people using the Qso tv too. It's fun to share artwork.. :D :)
Have a Really Nice Weekend! :D

NJ3H wrote:
It appears that the QSO-TV program resizes all pictures to 444x333 pixels. This is the size of all saved pictures when automatically saved by QSO-TV.

If pictures at this size were shown full screen, then they would not be sharp and would show pixelation.

Of course, since the pictures a lot of users upload already have a resolution much higher than the 444x333 size, these pictures could conceivably be displayed full screen with not loss of resolution.

My recommendation is that if you see a picture you like, ask the sender to send you his full size picture via email. There is already enough going on in the desktop setup that I use that having to deal with full size pictures would just add to the clutter. Due to my eyesight issues, I use 1024x768 (or something similar). At this setting, the CQ100 and the QSO-TV don't quite fit vertically. Plus I have my logging program on the screen as small as I can get the data entry screen. Even that overlaps a little with the QSO-TV. There really is no way I could deal with full size pictures.

If other formats were allowed (like BMP or TIF), then the file sizes would be considerably larger than the equivalent jpg version. Of course, I would rather have bmp or tif pictures in my picture collection, since each pixel is saved the same each time the file is saved (i.e., no file compression). So, again, if you like a picture, ask the sender to email it to you. I don't see QSO-TV as the way to collect high-quality pictures. Anyway, the larger files would just bog down the system. The couple of seconds for normal jpg pictures is reasonable.

What I would like to see on CQ100 is more users. Ten cents a day surely is not too much to pay for such a fine service. So come on folks, register for a year, renew, and use CQ100.

Regards,
George, NJ3H
:D :D

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.