Archive

Topic: Minimize Button (for listening) (6 replies)
#1     Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:12 am
VE6SKY
Calgary, Alberta

Subject: Minimize Button (for listening)

Minimize Button (for listening)

About 50% of the time I enjoy listening to other stations chew the rag! I have a giant monitor but for some who do the same I think a minimize button would be great. Now I know you want to bring as much of a real world radio experience as you can. However it is software and it would be nice to be able to tune to a freq and then minimize while I do other tasks on my desktop.

Also I want to let you know I am testing CQ100 in Windows 7 64 bit and it seems to work like a dream so far!
:D
#2     Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:08 am
I0DZR
Rome, Italy

Subject:

I agree with VE6SKY, the button to allow you to minimize the application becomes more and more necessary.
Thank you. :D
#3     Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:52 am
KF4O
Taipei, Taiwan

Subject:

If you have W7 there is a small button on the right end of the taskbar that you can click and will minimize all open windows... you can run any other tasks, or open any other windows at this point, while you still listen.

Randy, KF4O
Taiwan
#4     Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:18 pm
W2BLC
Altamont, NY

Subject:

or............ just run other windows over the top of CQ100. That is what I do when I am listening to a CQ100 QSO while working on something ?productive?.

Bill W2BLC
#5     Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:06 am
I0DZR
Rome, Italy

Subject:

Thanks Randy but I'm using Vista and there is no possibility to minimize application and CQ100 covers a large part of the screen. Same problem Bill, it's to big and reopen every time you use some other program.
I think the only solution. the simplest, is to add a button to minimize the application or, at start (in "Preferences) launch CQ100 directly into Windows " Task Bar ". I think so... :)

Maurizio I0DZR
Rome, Italy
#6     Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:55 am
KF4O
Taipei, Taiwan

Subject:

sorry Maurizio, thought you had W7..
there do seem to be several solutions you could try in the meantime.
Here is one:
http://www.cm3blog.com/?p=12

and here:

http://www.vistax64.com/vista-performance-maintenance/136529-cannot-minimize-all-windows.html

hope this helps!
Randy, KF4O
#7     Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:36 am
I0DZR
Rome, Italy

Subject:

Thanks Randy, I knew the use of the SHELL but with this system minimizes all windows and NOT just CQ100. I think the problem is another ...
The CQ100 is based on object-oriented programming and, believe me, would be enough 2 lines in source code to minimize the application.
I have read many proposals from Members and some I find very interesting, but since I know the Cormac CQ100 has not made any visible improvement, even on the front panel and I wonder why?
I hope that in the near future things will change ...

73's de I0DZR, Maurizio
Rome, Italy

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.