Archive

Topic: CQ100 Call and Freqyency Display (4 replies)
#1     Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:41 pm
VE3OV
Toronto Ontario

Subject: CQ100 Call and Freqyency Display

I just recently got on with the CQ100 transceiver and would like to pass along the following observations.
1 - At the top of the call and frequency window, there is a grey horizontal bar. I guess the idea is to give the display window a 3D effect. I have to wonder if it is more of a negative effect than a positive effect. If it is not removed than could the glare of the three lamps be removed ? They are a negative effect to nicely reading the display.
2 -The red transmit lamp goes from a dull red to a brighter red. Could this be more like an LED. Go from black to bright red or go from another color like the nice color of the squelch control to a bright red. Perhaps have a separate LED for each of VOX, PTT and ON AIR.
3 - I would like to see a separate calling frequency in the middle of each band. I notice that everyone who makes a contact on 14.200 then QSYs to a nearby frequency, never to another band. Joe VE3OV
#2     Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:31 am
VE3EFC

Subject:

Hi Joe. Be sure your video card is set to high color. If its running just 256 colors, there will be color bleeding and banding.

Right click on your desktop> Properties> Settings. Some older computers, especially ten-year old laptops will not go higher than 256 colors.

P.S. We were discussing this over lunch today and someone said you should also click ADVANCED from the above settings and be sure your video is set to 96 DPI.

The red light appears almost black on my screen when its off. Perhaps your monitor brightness or contrast is out of adjustment.
#3     Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:50 am
VE3OV
Toronto Ontario

Subject:

Hi Doug; The tropical fish in my screen saver are showing me all their nice vivid colors. No color bleeding or banding in my monitor. Hi

I use a 19 inch high resolution flat screen LCD (BenQ) monitor. The computer is set to ADVANCED and 96DPI video. I see all the fine detail in the transceiver video.

When you say the red light appears almost black on your monitor, what that says to me is that your monitor is set up with some "black compression'. I think most operators use some black compression because it adds nice contrast to a picture that might looks better because of it.

Over a hundred CQ100 operators have now read my previous message and no one other than yourself left a reply. Obviously the red light matter is a non-issue. No problem then.

What I see as a bigger issue is the perceived glare from overhead lights as seen at the upper side of the display. I temporarily placed a strip of black paper across the top of the display and for me; the viewing of the information in the display was very noticeably enhanced. Am I the only one to see it that way ?

Joe VE3OV
#4     Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:00 pm
K6QFO
Campbell, CA USA

Subject: Call Cannel on CALL CHANNEL on each band...!

Hello all, my name is Mike the Noisy Kid...I am a new user on CQ100 about four weeks old now...

First, thank you for a great service to the Ham World...!

It would be nice to have a call channel on each band, where a person can sit and monitor the band while doing work in the back ground. If someone is is calling CQ, I can take a break and say hello. And or a common place where your Ham buds can find you.

It's great to see all the nets on CQ100 when especially when the HF Bands in the RF world is down in the dumps...!

Just a Idea... Also it would bee cool to have a scan function on one or more bands just like a regular type scanner. When one QSO is completed you can another... etc.

Thanks for an ear...73" Mike

:D
#5     Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:20 pm
VE3EFC

Subject:

Hi Mike,

Ctrl_LeftArrow or Ctrl_RightArrow will scan to the next QSO.

73, Doug

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.