Archive

Topic: vista (6 replies)
#1     Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:25 pm
N9EYF
8032 WEST 45TH PLACE, LYONS IL

Subject: vista

Got new H.P. CPU 02/23/07.

Down loaded CQ100 per instructions, as I did for XP, but in vista down load, mic. gain is uncontrolable, and when I click ? and open transcever options. the open mixer buttons don't open up like they should to adjust the speaker and mic controls.

What is wrong? Is Vista not compatable with CQ100?.

Is there soon to be an up grade for this problem?

Brad N9eyf
#2     Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:52 am
VE3EFC

Subject:

Hi Brad.

Other people told me CQ100 it works fine with Vista.
If your sound card driver is not upgraded for Vista, you would see these problems.
#3     Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:35 am
K1LCH
Valrico, Florida

Subject:

Doug -

New Toshiba laptop with Vista.

Have to agree with N9EYF; identical situation here. There is no "linkage" between the Mic knob and/or the Mixer controls (behind the ?) and Windows sound cared control software.

I have the latest Realtec driver.

No problem (just inconvenient) to right click speaker icon and go to the Windows sound card software to accomplish mic adjustments.

I know, in time, you will fix this.

Thanks, Doug, still love program.

Terry K1LCH
#4     Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:17 am
VE3EFC

Subject:

Hi Terry. Thanks for this information.

1) Will both mixers open behind the white question mark?

2) What make and model of sound card shows in the windows control panel? Realtec?

3) What text name shows for the Mic Volume slider when you open the input mixer? I have to guess at this text name in order to make my mic volume knob work.

I suspect CQ100 is having difficulty communicating with this particular sound card, and its not a Vista issue at all.
#5     Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:53 pm
K1LCH
Valrico, Florida

Subject:

1) Will both mixers open behind the white question mark?

No, neither one will open.

2) What make and model of sound card shows in the windows control
panel? Realtec?

Realtek High Definition Audio (In and Out); by Realtek Semiconductor Corp, Driver Ver 6.0.1.5322 dated 11/8/06.

FYI: On my XP SP2 laptop I have the same Realtek sound card with older drivers (Ver 5.10.0.5188 dated 11/10/2005). CQ100 works perfectly on it.

3) What text name shows for the Mic Volume slider when you open the input mixer? I have to guess at this text name in order to make my mic volume knob work.

The aforementioned Realtek High Definition Audio; no guessing, only one available.

I suspect CQ100 is having difficulty communicating with this particular sound card, and its not a Vista issue at all.

I agree on Vista machine; however all is fine with XP.

Thanks for the prompt reply, Doug

Terry, K1LCH
#6     Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:53 pm
VE3EFC

Subject:

Thanks Terry.

It is interesting the same sound card works on XP but not on Vista.

Re. #3, I meant the name of the Mic Slider bar. Does it show "Mic Volume" or some other text?

Once CQ100 finds the correct mixer panel, it needs to find the correct slider on that panel. If sounds like its not finding the panel, so its not even looking for the mic slider on that panel.
#7     Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:43 pm
K1LCH
Valrico, Florida

Subject:

Re. #3, I meant the name of the Mic Slider bar. Does it show "Mic Volume" or some other text?

Sorry, Doug, remember we can't open either mixer (input or output) to see the volume sliders.

FYI, the slider presentations (GUI) in Vista are totally differrent:

Have 3 tabs on initial opening e.g. Playback, Recording, Sounds; each tab opens to other options.

When you finally get to the "sliders", they are horizontally displayed with gain and boost on the same page.

Next time you are in store, take a look at the options by right clicking the spkr icon (lower right desktop) OR thru Control Panel---same result.

Terry K1LCH

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.