Archive

Topic: no receive audio (25 replies)
#1     Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:42 pm
W2OPF
liverpool,ny

Subject: no receive audio

I can xmit OK, but no receive audio. when I tune in a station, the background noise dissappears,as if there is a recvd cw, but no audio.
Is thus because I am using Windows 98?
#2     Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:33 am
VE2XLT
Montreal

Subject: Re: no receive audio

W2OPF wrote:
I can xmit OK, but no receive audio. when I tune in a station, the background noise dissappears,as if there is a recvd cw, but no audio.
Is thus because I am using Windows 98?

I have the very same problem since Installationa -2 days ago....
but my RealAudia and Skype are working ! Had to reinstall the SB Live drivers - still no result - just hisssss
May be we are not Activated by the QSO net Server yet ?
2 option^^ may be my Firewall setting is not good for CQ ?
or the Port setting is wrong ?
Using Wind_XP_Pro here +SP3
#3     Tue Dec 26, 2006 12:42 pm
VE3EFC

Subject:

http://www.qsonet.com/qbb/viewtopic.php?t=9
#4     Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:10 pm
K8LEN
indiana

Subject: audio

I wonder if your problem has been corrected or what you downloaded to correct it. I have the same problem

k8len
#5     Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:18 pm
VE2XLT
Montreal

Subject: Re: audio

K8LEN wrote:
I wonder if your problem has been corrected or what you downloaded to correct it. I have the same problem

k8len
not yet? my fiend :evil:
the original CQ100 is OK - works fine on my Laptop Sony-505 from the first click ! But on the Desktop - no go. Reinstalling the drivers for my Audigy 2ZS did not help, moving 2ZS into another pci slot - did not help, removing 2ZS and using the motherboard integrated sound - did not help! RealPlayer and Skype working well in all the listed configurations :roll: off/on my Firewall - did not help......
Hisss when no signal and always muted on Modulation. Suspecting my Wind_XP now.......may be will reinstall it anew :?: Still all my other audio software is working perfectly ! And I have 10 yrs experince with computers.....not Microsoft Certifiend of course
Could not find the presence of so called _GSM 6.10 codec in my control panel - sound system
Wind. Sound Recorder is NOT working and I cant fix it.....
ANY suggestions ?
----------------------------------
importnat P.S.
just connected another Hard Drve with a differnet Wind XP on it (with working Sound Recorder) and WOW - CQ-100 is running :idea:
The culprit was a defective Win_XP and I will do reinstall - on the older Hard Drive
#6     Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:23 pm
G8FYH
Colchester. UK

Subject: No Receive audio

I see a few others are having the same problem as me. Everything appears to work with the exception of the rx audio, no S meter movement and no audio. audio works fine with all other applications that require it. any clues???
Thanks Laurie G8FYH
#7     Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:01 am
G8FYH
Colchester. UK

Subject:

:D Just to let you know. Downloaded CQ100 onto another computer and it worked first time. Still can't figure out the problem with the original computer, maybe best to leave things alone and use the one that is wotking.
Laurie :arrow:
#8     Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:12 am
G8FYH
Colchester. UK

Subject:

:oops:
Read text before hitting 'SEND' key!!!!!
WOTKING????
Try 'Working'
Laurie :arrow:
#9     Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:55 am
VE1BHT
Dartmouth, NS Can

Subject: Can here hiss but no audio

I solved it, thanks to hints from this bulletin board, by going into Control Panel and looking at the Audio Hardware. The priority for GSM 6.10 was set to 4. I set it at 1 and up came the audio.
#10     Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:30 pm
HA5ATP
Hungary

Subject: audio problem

Hi!

I can't find the GSM 6.10 on my control panel-audio settings...
pse hlp me! :)

Vy 73 Tom

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.