Archive

Topic: wondering if the radio has 2 meter (11 replies)
#1     Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:45 pm
KI4OZQ
lenoir city tennessee

Subject: wondering if the radio has 2 meter

does the radio have 2 meter on it
#2     Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:21 am
KC6UVA
West Monroe LA USA

Subject: 2 mtr

Not yet, but there have been suggestions to introduce other bands either to the CQ100 transceiver or possibly another "model". What I'd really like to see is a "handheld" model that can run on a PocketPC - maybe using Flash Player.
#3     Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:32 pm
KG4LMU
Flat rock,Michigan

Subject:

I wouldnt be suprised in time the software became all band all mode hihi
#4     Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:56 pm
W4ASS
largo

Subject:

mmmmm a all band mabye like a kenwood ts 2000 or a yaesu 857d or 897d model would look nice also a cw decoder for the no codes to help learn cw ? just a thought

w4ass
#5     Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:03 am
DG7LAE
Luebeck

Subject:

as all is based on internet servers what sence does that make to have more bands ?
With the activity around nowadays , you already have only one spike on one band at many times and sometimes one band is unused at all .

If Doug likes to make the programme more interesting other proposals of the past had more sence for example integration of a logbook programme , text pad , ....

73 Uli
#6     Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:23 am
N8RGO
Mansfield, Ohio

Subject: just for something more interesting

Well based on all of these posts I think they are all good. I am almost brand new to CQ100 and it seems very interesting so far. I realize like a lot of other people that this is only through the internet so it is not like a real HF Rig but I think it would still be cool to see either another type of radio like a 2, 4, and 6 meter radio or as suggested make a all mode band radio.

And another thought based on previous ideals is to have various interfaces that could be configured to your choice of radio look, like the more expensive Icoms, Kenwoods, or Yaesus...spectrum scopes and such.

If anybody has seen the interface to those winradios, they are really sharp looking lots of bells and whistles. Again I realize this is more or less a virtual HF Rig not even going out over the air waves but cooler looking interfaces might make things even that much more appealing. Not that the CQ100 is not already nice looking. Just more thought for future ideals

And yes the log book is a good ideal, this is the first time I really wanted to get a log book and keep track of who all I talk to. :-)
Larry Roop N8RGO
#7     Tue May 06, 2008 6:42 pm
KE7RIP
Idaho, USA

Subject: Log book and a "handheld /PDA" version

My 90 day trial is almost up. I would gladly pay the $32 a year for a hand held version. Windows Moble V5. Dell Axim x51v. As for the log book. Have the log book save all contacs as SWR. That way if your listening all after noon you can check the log book and see whos transmitted. Want the Call marked as worked? Click a button that "floats" up by the display of the call sign and user information. And to get fancier make the log exportable to excel spred sheets so you can view it in different ways. Even graph it.
#8     Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:44 am
KF6PVT
PA

Subject:

The handheld version should also come in an iPhone / iPod Touch version.
#9     Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:51 pm
KB3DHG
Etters

Subject: 2 meters

If you want to work 2 meters, just use Echo Link.
#10     Mon May 03, 2010 2:12 am
K1LCA
Gulfport, Florida

Subject: 2 meter

The 2 meter link would be great. I have a group net that I like to listen to, but can't when I'm traveling. There is no echolink where I am presently, so this would be a great alternative.

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.