Archive

Topic: CQ100 for the Iphone (5 replies)
#1     Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:28 pm
N3SOH
Lutherville, maryland

Subject: CQ100 for the Iphone

It would be nice to have at least one band for the Iphone.
#2     Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:41 pm
K5ZFG
Frankston, Texas 75763

Subject:

I agree!! I'd love to see an application for the iPhone. You got my vote
#3     Mon May 07, 2012 8:11 pm
VU2RBI
new delhi

Subject:

hello iam bharathi I do have iphone how to use cq100 inIphone
vu2rbi bharathi from delhi
#4     Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:20 pm
NJ3H
Stephens City, Virginia, USA

Subject:

I am sure that many folks that shell out $39 a year desire that an android or iphone app could be made available.

Or even some of the excellent suggestions for improvement to the CQ100/QSO-TV system be implemented. However, it appears that nothing new is happening. Usage is down, at least when I check many times during the day and night, there just might be the CW beacon blip only. There are the regulars that one always hear, but very few new people. The software does a wonderful job in allowing users to communicate over the internet. So why is the CQ100 system used so little?

One has to start wondering if it is worth the renewal fee. I know of four folks who have dropped out (not renewing) due to inactivity on CQ100 and I am sure there must be many more. I hear discussions that low usage can be attributed to the fact that HF is open. I can assure you that without a super station, this pathetic solar cycle is making communication difficult at best. There are even forecasts that toward the end of 2013, the cycle will be in decline. Will this bring people back to CQ100? I have no crystal ball.

It is a shame to see a VoIP system as fine as CQ100 just sit there with so few spikes during any 24 hour period. I cannot imagine that there are many paid members. At what point will the cost of managing and hosting this system become more than the paid subscriber's annual payment? Is it me or is there just a total apathy surrounding all things CQ100?
#5     Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:37 pm
VE6ER
Edmonton AB

Subject: 100

I suspect the apathy is that too many are listening and no one calling. How often on HF have you (and I mean all hams) called CQ with no result. What do you do? Call again and again. That does not appear to happen on CQ100. Perhaps that is the result of the "Calling frequency". Everone is waiting for "the" call.
#6     Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:59 am
N4LBW
Spruce Pine, NC

Subject: IPAD

Is there any plan to do an app for IPAD? I got a IPAD, and I would like to use it with CQ 100. Hamsphere now has an app. I like CQ 100 better than Hamsphere, but may consider getting Hamsphere if CQ 100 does not get an app for I phone.

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.