Archive

Topic: Where is the Keyer? (1 replies)
#1     Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:37 pm
VE3EFC

Subject: Where is the Keyer?

The built-in CW Keyer was not included in the current version 0.90. We hope to have it ready in about 10 days.

We found that using keyboard keys for the keyer paddle was very sloppy and difficult to send nice code. Next we tried connecting the Vibraflex paddle to the USB port. This worked very well up to 10 or 15 wpm, but a slight lag in the keyer action made it difficult to send nice code at higher speeds.

At this point, we decided to go ahead and release the program with the keyer to follow in the next version.

I am now testing the new keyer function. It works by typing the actual letters you wish to send. If I type too fast, the keyer lags behind my typing, remembering what needs to be sent. My typing speed is slower than my CW speed, so I have trouble keeping the keyer busy *hi*. I never tried sending CW like this before, but it is quite easy and really sends beautiful code at whatever speed and pitch I choose.

If I decide to use my Vibraflex paddle, I can simply feed the audio tone from my hardware keyer into my sound card "Line-In". I already tried this and it worked very well. I set the VOX to give partial QSK.
#2     Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:30 pm
VE3EFC

Subject:

The new version 0.92 released September 1 has the keyer working. Just select "Keyer" on the mode switch, then type on your keyboard. The T/R switch will repsond to your typing like a vox (partial QRK). You can set speed and pitch using the knobs on the transceiver.

Hint: when I am typing ahead of my CW, I use the space bar to embed the necessary word spaces.

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.