Archive

Topic: Microphone Modulation settings (1 replies)
#1     Mon May 05, 2008 6:59 am
KK4DS
Johnson City TN

Subject: Microphone Modulation settings

I notice on this program more so than any of the other VOIP programs people with microphone gains way too high when there is a meter to help the person adjust it correctly. I have found that with the modern head sets most of them come with noise canceling microphones that help to not broadcast back ground noise (TV in the background blasting away louder than they are) also some people will come on the calling frequency and blow in the microphone and if your sitting there with a ear phones on well it almost blows your ear drums. You would think since this is a bunch of ham radio operators on here the modulation would be better and not one operator blasting away and the next one can barely hear them. Got it off my chest now thanks.
#2     Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:02 am
MM3XXW
Edinburgh

Subject:

Gotta confess Earl I pretty much agree with you, it's certainly surprised me in the relatively short time I've been using CQ100 that this phenomenon occurs :roll:

Practise makes perfect though so maybe more users will pay a bit more attention to the audio levels :wink:

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.