Archive

Topic: QSL Cards (7 replies)
#1     Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:37 pm
GI4OCK
Bangor, N.Ireland

Subject: QSL Cards

Is it normal practice to QSL contacts through the respective bureaux for this "mode"?
GI4OCK
#2     Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:59 am
DG7LAE
Luebeck

Subject:

Hello ,
as to my knowledge after 18 months : via bureau = no

but some exchange QSLs via eQSL because eQSL offers the mode VOI = Voice over Internet and additional you can check "internet" as spec. propagation mode .
on the QSL you will read :
confirming non-RF Internet VOI QSO
so that it does not get mixed up with real HF contacts

eQSL : www.eQSL.net

73 Uli
#3     Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:46 pm
K5ZRK
Sandersville, Ms.

Subject: USE eQsl

We should all strive to register and get confimred with eQsl when using this mode. I am surprised at the number of stations who use CQ100 and are not registered with eQsl. Maybe one day eQsl will allow us to use the contacts we make on CQ100 for award credit and they know we are here or they would not have added VOI to their mode and internet to their propagation. 73 and good dx Larry, K5ZRK
#4     Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:41 am
KB3NPH
Spring Run, PA

Subject: Re: USE eQsl

K5ZRK wrote:
We should all strive to register and get confimred with eQsl when using this mode. I am surprised at the number of stations who use CQ100 and are not registered with eQsl. Maybe one day eQsl will allow us to use the contacts we make on CQ100 for award credit and they know we are here or they would not have added VOI to their mode and internet to their propagation. 73 and good dx Larry, K5ZRK

Hi There,
During the preparation for the Digital/CW contest that was held here on CQ-100, I was in contact with Dave, N4UP, Founder of CQ-100. He would be interested in setting up an award program for the users of VOIP systems, but there is one problem. Many of the CQ-100 users are refusing to set the propagation mode in their submissions to INTERNET, or VOIP. This makes it impossible for eQSL to track which QSOs are via RF or Internet Assisted. Either the operators do not understand how to do this or they just don't take time to read the instructions. My guess is they are just lazy and don't take time to read the instructions or even try to find out how to properly set up their submissions.

I think if enough of us flooded eQSL's mailboxes with these requests for for an awards program, this might change their minds there, but we would have to figure out a way to insure them that all submissions would comply with the rules so as not to screw up their normal system.

Tim (KB3NPH)
#5     Sat Apr 26, 2008 8:13 am
K5ZRK
Sandersville, Ms.

Subject: insure them that all submissions would comply with the rules

i have heard this over and over from eQsl. I do not think this is the real reason. The question I pose is this, HOW is the users of internet propagation not messing up their program NOW ? What would be the difference in allowing us awards as well as the rf folks, what if one of the rf folks says he made a contact on the internet, would that mess up the internet awards ? Certainly not. What these folks need to do is realize that a lot of us who use only VOI deserve to have awards and the best way to make the program meaningful is honesty of the operator but that applies to contest and awards. Do you think the ARRL checks every contact made by a station in SS ? Of course not , it is left up to the operator's honesty and integrity to submit valaid contacts. The biggest problem I see in the awards program is getting a station to get their verifictaion so the qsl can count for an award. I hope they will relent and give us VOI guys a chance at awards as well.- Larry, K5ZRK
#6     Sun May 31, 2009 10:50 pm
KD4QFT
Orlando FL.

Subject: qsl and awards

Do you want an award for making a phone call to another phone user or a qsl from all the individuals you contact by phone.
No technical or regulatory knowledge is needed to talk to any Country on cq100 on any band.
No ionosphere, Muf, propagation information needed, Come on you want an award, What is the award for, switching on computer award.
#7     Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:03 pm
W5JSA
Mission TX, USA

Subject: eQSL

Your suggestion that no technical knowledge is needed to make a phone call is valid, but misplaced. The fun aspect of amateur radio has always been in the contests. If a group of folks want to start an eQSL contest - more power to them. It at least kindles interest in amateur radio.

I live in the very southern tip of Texas and I can tell you that ham radio is stone cold dead down here. I have an alarm set up for the five most active frequencies - and there have been whole weeks where nothing but the CW idents are heard.

If enough people became interested in eQSL contests it is possible it would draw some back to RF.

Just me aged view
#8     Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:28 pm
KE7ZOI
Selah,WA

Subject: QSL Cards?

QSO TV is all ready to exchange station cards and information. I just do not get it. I have cards from A lot of stations.
Contests? The Canadian Award is not A contest but it exists. I am not A person that does contests.
Please explain :P

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.