Archive

Topic: whats new on the new version (14 replies)
#1     Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:32 pm
N8RGO
Mansfield, Ohio

Subject: whats new on the new version

Ok I read about the new QSO TV which I guess is an add on but only to paid members :-( (still in my trial period at this moment and a little short of cash to purchase it yet) so I guess I will have to wait.

A side from that what else is new did the new logging system get in place? What else is new? The look I am sad to say is the same I was hoping for a more high tech look resembling some of the more exspensive hf rigs today, but hey that is just me.

Appreciate any comments on what else is new and what is yet to come, and for those that have tried the new picture sharing what do you think of it?
N8RGO
#2     Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:59 pm
WB0WLS
Grand Island NE -- Let's work some CW -- CW, music to a ham's ears

Subject:

DOUG ... I used the new 2.0 version tonight and had the QSO-TV running along side. CQ100 crashed twice during that QSO....both CQ100 and of course QSO-TV crashed together.

In the past I have had the typical problem of CQ100 disconnecting but never actually crashing.

Just thought I would mention this... maybe others will have the same trouble. I wonder if there could be some little "bug" in the new version or in the QSO-TV that may have caused it?

rich
#3     Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:15 am
N8RGO
Mansfield, Ohio

Subject:

I am sorry to hear that it crashed, other then that how did it look along side the CQ 100 would have been nice to at least seen a screen shot of it.

To your knowledge is that the only update to the new version, just wondering.
#4     Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:22 am
WB0WLS

Subject:

Trying to send pictures... it seems to transmit but then shows an ERROR 1053 message.
#5     Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:29 am
WB0WLS

Subject:

I figured the error message out.... i had it in QRT mode.... you must be in one of the transmit modes... ptt, ptt/ptl, vox, etc. AND must also be the one transmiting. You can not send a picture if you are in the listening mode. Your "radio" must be transmitting.

As to the crashes I had earlier.... I did have a long qso on voice and traded pictures later in the evening and I didn't have the problem again... so will have to just keep and eye on it. Hopefully it was just some little bug-a-boo on my end and not in the program.

rich
#6     Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:11 pm
VE3EFC

Subject:

Thanks for reporting this problem. We are not sure what caused it, but we have some ideas.

1) Always be sure CQ100 is closed while you install an upgrade over top of a previous version.

2) We changed a configuration on the server this morning, where you had to be talking while you picture was sending. Now anyone (even lurkers) can transmit a picture at any time. Pictures may now be sent and received, even when you are in QRT mode.

3) CQ100 is not supposed to work with Windows 98 / ME, but I heard a few people got it working. If you somehow got it working with Windows 98 / ME, I suggest you hold you breath and not disturb anything and forget about updating to new versions.

..Doug
#7     Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:31 pm
W2WXP
STUART, FL

Subject:

:
Hello Doug,
Thanks for adding an outstanding program.I used it last night and I am overwhelmed with the clarity and ease of using it. Mixw and other useless sstv programs can now be trashed!!!
The pictures are like holding the actual picture in your hand.

My only suggestion for future inclusion is a way to add text to the program.

Thanks again for your hard work and a great program.

Marty)
#8     Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:23 pm
WB0WLS

Subject:

I have to agree... this will be fun and useful. At first most will over indulge in sending multiple pictures... eventually all (or some) will make more selective use of it I suppose.

Personally, I kind of liked it the way you had it so only the person transmitting could send a picture. That way if you had a bit of a story line or some descriptives to enhance the picture, it remained the "focus" on the TV. With possibly lots of others listening, pictures come flying in and it kind of detracts from the QSO if the picture you are describing disappears. BUT, I'm absolutely fine with how you changed it, Doug.... it's great fun.

I have not had any crashes today like I was having last night... who knows... might have just been something on this end.

I also would like to see a small text window somewhere on CQ100. I know it has been mentined before. With "perfect propagation" and no worries about QSB, etc., transmissions tend to be lengthy at times (I'm guilty of this) and when the door bell rings, phone rings, old men have to go to the bathroom, etc. etc., there is no way to let the person transmitting know that you need to quickly QRX. It would be nice to have a small text area or QRX button with your call to indicate that you need to leave. I also understand that whatever you might add would not please everyone ... and therefore sometimes it's better to leave it as is.

Anyway... continued fun for all

thanks
#9     Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:11 pm
N8RGO
Mansfield, Ohio

Subject:

Well I got to see a screen shot of the new QSO TV so that was good, at least I know what it looks like now. Still have not heard of any other updates that came with the new version, so I guess there are none.

Was hoping for the new logging program to be installed and like I said before maybe a new more high tech look with the possible update of calling it the new CQ 200 as that was a possible ideal.

If there was other updates that I have not found please let me know of them, if not please if you can tell me and others when it is possible to expect the next round of updates? Again I know you are a busy man and although I do make a lot of wild suggestions I do appreciate all you have done so far, thanks
N8RGO
#10     Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:50 am
KC2SCZ
new york

Subject: i need the old version

how i get the old version i delete old and i put the new version in it not work can you give my the old version it come up log in i do log in it
not show up

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.