Archive

Topic: Just wondering (2 replies)
#1     Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:22 pm
N8RGO
Mansfield, Ohio

Subject: Just wondering

Am I under the impresion that the CQ phone is created by the same ones that made the CQ100? If so how popular is the CQ phone does many Amateur Radio Operators use it? I guess that program is open to anybody not just amateur operators?

Any features on that, that could be incorperated in to the CQ100 like video, maybe a side box that blends in to CQ100 that shows the other person's picture or something like that, courious?

Besides that, any projected date for having the logging program up and running even in beta mode?
Larry N8RGO
#2     Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:46 pm
VE3EFC

Subject:

Hi Larry,

We are working on adding the picture sharing from our CQPhone into the Qsonet system. There will be a new transceiver to replace CQ100 for this feature. Maybe we will call it CQ200.

Many people have trouble configuring modems, routers and firewalls for CQPhone. Qsonet was designed to solve this problem by using a central server, instead of peer-to-peer connection.
#3     Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:46 pm
N8RGO
Mansfield, Ohio

Subject:

Will the CQ Phone still be around and does it now do voice conferencing, if not yet will it do it for 3 or more people in the future. The file sharing was really really fast. I have not done any video but I hear the video is almost real time, is that true? can you incorparate video into the new CQ 200?

I know it sounds dumb since these are not real bands we are talking about, and not all of them ever get used, but just for the heck of it can you add 2, 440, and the ever semi popular 6 meters just for the fun of it, make it an all band radio. maybe semi all mode like some people trying packet and ritty and sstv, cw ect. Well whatever meter band they are on have buttons that reflect those modes and when they click on them it would take them to that portion of the dial they can use them in

Since alot of us use echolink can there ever be a hook up with the CQ200 and echolink that would be great, even if it could not be all of the echolink hook ups, it would be fun to use echolink in your radio interface. Thought that would be a cool thing for the 2 meter band. :-)

The only other thing and again I know it is foolish but would love to see a more so called high tech looking interface radio like your more expensive high dollar radios like this one http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/hamhf/0900.html Maybe one meter that reads more on 2 or 3 curved lines or two seperate meters measuring different things, a little brighter scope showing colored spikes and things, ect. I know some people will laugh at my thoughts and suggestions, that is ok. A few others have thought of some of these by the posts I have read.

Again that is just me just thinking of things that would work well or look cool in this viritual radio world. I hope the new logging program will be on this next CQ 200 any projected dates for its release, I hope it is soon.
Larry Roop N8RGO
Just an update I was able to see a friend of mine using his web cam on CQ phone and wow it was almost realtime as far as the frame rate I was impressed. As far as I can see now I plan on keeping CQ phone for awhile it seems to work great. I still am wondering if version 2.4 can do voice conferencing with 3 or more people together, that would make it perfect in my opinion.
I know you mentioned that was something you wanted to incorprate, but then I get the impression you may have given up all together on this project to consentrate on CQ 100 or the new CQ 200 as it may be :-) let me know when you get a chance, thanks.
Larry

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.