Archive

Topic: Awards and Contest (13 replies)
#1     Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:55 pm
K5ZRK
Sandersville, Ms.

Subject: Awards and Contest

Ok, I need some input on this topic. I have talked to Doug in a brief email concerning :
(1) Awards- Would anyone like to see awards offered on CQ 100 ? My ideas would be a WAS award, a WAC award, a DX award, a grid square award and finally a worked CQ 100 membership award. NO qsl would be required BUT a log listing would be. IF there is interest in this please let me know, you might not be interested in all the awards BUT there might be one that you are interested in and you could participate in that program only. If there is no interest then there is no need to proceed further with this . Doug is all for this program since he feels it would generate interest.
(2) Contest: Would you be interested in contest, to start with only Sprints run only once a month at different times ? These would be short contest and would not clutter up the bands which is a complaint I hear from a lot of hf stations concerning contest BUT they would hopefully produce a lot of activity and the exchange would be simple, just the membership number or if there was a grid sprint a grid square number. Again Doug is in favor of an awards program to generate more activity.
`OK, LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS AND IF THERE IS ANY INTEREST WE CAN GO FROM THERE AND MAKE SOME PLANS.
Larry K5ZRK EMAIL: LDJones123@bellsouth.net ( if you have any questions or concerns drop me an email)
#2     Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:41 am
OE5AKM
Linz, Austria

Subject:

There is already an existing subsquare project open to CQ100 users: You have to activate or to work as many as possible of Austria's 3.135 subsquares of the Maidenhead Locator. - The name of this project ist LocatorOE: http://de.groups.yahoo.com/group/locatoroe/

Sorry to say but there are naerly no Austrian hams on CQ100 yet. So LocatorOE is not only open to CQ100 but dedicated to all ham activity on frequencies above 30 MHz and on internet based systems like CQ100, EchoLink, D-Star...

73, Alfred, OE5AKM
#3     Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:48 pm
KB3NPH
Spring Run, PA

Subject: Re: Awards and Contest

K5ZRK wrote:
Ok, I need some input on this topic. I have talked to Doug in a brief email concerning :
(1) Awards- Would anyone like to see awards offered on CQ 100 ? My ideas would be a WAS award, a WAC award, a DX award, a grid square award and finally a worked CQ 100 membership award. NO qsl would be required BUT a log listing would be. IF there is interest in this please let me know, you might not be interested in all the awards BUT there might be one that you are interested in and you could participate in that program only. If there is no interest then there is no need to proceed further with this . Doug is all for this program since he feels it would generate interest.
(2) Contest: Would you be interested in contest, to start with only Sprints run only once a month at different times ? These would be short contest and would not clutter up the bands which is a complaint I hear from a lot of hf stations concerning contest BUT they would hopefully produce a lot of activity and the exchange would be simple, just the membership number or if there was a grid sprint a grid square number. Again Doug is in favor of an awards program to generate more activity.
`OK, LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THIS AND IF THERE IS ANY INTEREST WE CAN GO FROM THERE AND MAKE SOME PLANS.
Larry K5ZRK EMAIL: LDJones123@bellsouth.net ( if you have any questions or concerns drop me an email)

I like these ideas. Hope more are interested. Lets go for it.
#4     Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:15 am
N4LCC
Houma, LA

Subject:

I am very interested in the awards and contests as a way to generate more interest in CQ100. I have been thinking of this very same thing for about a year but did not know of many folks that were in favor of it. I would like to hear more ideas and am ready to participate in any or all.

Dave
N4LCC
#5     Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:47 pm
N9SJA
Lafayette, IN USA

Subject: Contesting

I think the idea of contesting on CQ100 would be a fun activity.

I know there are a lot of hams that dislike contesting, so perhaps we can hold contests only on a specific "band".

We could use similar rules and information from ARRL to base the contests on so they are close to ones actually ran on HF.

73s! de N9SJA Nick
#6     Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:05 pm
KB3NPH
Spring Run, PA

Subject: Re: Contesting

N9SJA wrote:

I know there are a lot of hams that dislike contesting, so perhaps we can hold contests only on a specific "band".

We could use similar rules and information from ARRL to base the contests on so they are close to ones actually ran on HF.

73s! de N9SJA Nick

Please see message in Digital Modes & CW. There is going to be a Digital/CW contest here on CQ100 in April. Check out the information
in Digital Modes & CW Forum.
73s
Tim (KB3NPH)
#7     Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:53 pm
N9SJA
Lafayette, IN USA

Subject: Re: Contesting

KB3NPH wrote:

N9SJA wrote:

73s! de N9SJA Nick

Please see message in Digital Modes & CW. There is going to be a Digital/CW contest here on CQ100 in April. Check out the information
in Digital Modes & CW Forum.
73s
Tim (KB3NPH)

Excellent. This sounds like a lot of fun....

Thx

73s! de N9SJA Nick
#8     Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:47 pm
M3VYS
Surrey

Subject: Contesting

Excellent idea, can't wait to get started

73's M3VYS
#9     Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:46 pm
GW0KIG
Cardiff

Subject:

Maybe it just me guys but I just don't get it.
CQ100 is a great prog for Hams to chat when they can't use a radio for whatever reason.

But contests and awards?

Your making contacts on a PC vis the 'net!
You can't fail. Where is the challenge or achievement?

This isn't radio its the internet. An award would be meaningless.

Kevin GW0KIG
#10     Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:23 pm
K5ZRK
Sandersville, Ms.

Subject: Awards

I think the best answer to this is , how many countries have you worked on CQ100 ? States ? Contients ? Zones ? Starting the first week of April, I will be taking emails from stations who want to be listed in the forum as to the number of countries, states, zones and contients they have worked on CQ100. The standings will be updated monthly. Who are the dxer's on CQ100 ? The CQ100 DX/WAS net is going strong DAILY and there are a great bunch of stations that check in, some have questions , others want to work a new country or state but they have FUN. Sometimes there are a number of stations who check in and at othr times not so many but it is that way with every net, even on rf. Come join us , all are welcome. k5zrk, Larry

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.