Archive

Topic: help with vista and Realtek high definition sound card (2 replies)
#1     Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:25 pm
KB3HQH
Kulpmont, Pa.

Subject: help with vista and Realtek high definition sound card

this is really strange people, I can't get into my sound card mixers. can not find them. I am using vista. I want to get the cq100 program to communicate with CWGET. its funny too, when i am in the voice portion of the program, i can see it registering onthe wave forms of the CWGET program, but when i go to cw. nothing registers. Anybody care to speculate on how to fix this problem? thanks, john kb3hqh CQ100 register user. I am using a Realtek high defintion sound card. when i unplug the mike, and open the CWGET program again, i get a window that says no audi input.????
#2     Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:27 pm
WB0WLS
Grand Island NE -- Let's work some CW -- CW, music to a ham's ears

Subject:

Hi John. I had the same problem with my new desktop pc running Vista when I first got on 2 or 3 weeks ago. As you know by now, what you see as far as the sound card screen goes is so drastically different from the typical sliders for the input and output look of the soundcard screen with XP.

You need to select STEREO MIX .... the problem with mine (and I assume yours) ... there was no stereo mix showing on the sound card selections. It is "hidden"... I just stumbled onto it... by doing something like a right click on some screen, but I honestly can't recall how I did it.

BUT, the stereo mix IS THERE. As soon as you find it, it will then appear when you open your sound card for the various selections (speakers, mic, stereo mix, etc.)

If I found it..... I'm sure you will, if you haven't already by the time you read this.

OR.... maybe someone else with the EXACT answer for you will pop in and leave the info.

Hope to run into you soon on the "air"

rich ae0v
#3     Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:47 pm
WB0WLS
Grand Island NE -- Let's work some CW -- CW, music to a ham's ears

Subject:

OK John.... I will try to lead you through it the way I found it

If you don't already have the little ORANGE speaker icon for the Realtek sound card sitting at the bottom right hand corner with other icons, follow the steps below to bring it up.... if it is there, skip to the next steps.
1. go to control pane
2. click on hardware and sound
3. go to the last item at the bottom with is the Realtek Audio Manager and click on it.... that will place the icon on yur computer screen in the bottom right hand corner.

2. click on AUDIO DEVICES

3. when the screen opens you get 3 choices
Playback - Recording - Sounds

4. Select RECORDING

In this window you will most likely see the picture of a microphone and maybe something else but probably don't see the stereo mix picture. Somewhere on this screen you can make the stereo mix active.

Now, if you go back and do a normal left click on the orange speaker icon and open your sound card page, you should see that the stereo mix has been added..... so you can now go back and forth between microphone and stereo mix.

Too change back and forth between them, you have to RIGHT click over either the mic or the stereo mix... a tiny window that says "Set Default Device" pops up.... you left click that you have then selected either the mic or the stereo mix.

Hope this works for you if you haven't already discovered it. I din't re-read this... so also hope I didn't mix something up hi hi
rich ae0v

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.