Archive

Topic: Registered Users (4 replies)
#1     Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:24 am
2E0RDO
Stockton on Tees England

Subject: Registered Users

Where are all the registered users?....the total registered is over 14.000...when i switch on its getting more difficult to find anyone actually using cq100.....i think when the trial period is up off they go to pastures new......a true reflection on the figures would be to delete those who do not re register after the trial period....as this is being written there are only two operators using the system.....time 8.20am..UK...and this pattern seems to follow for most of the day. I am aware of course of the time differences in the world...but even so the truth is the user figures are nowhere near the amount of registered persons..it would be interesting to see the REAL figure of paid up members...But still a brilliant site as far as i am concerned.
#2     Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:29 am
G4OBB
Oxford UK

Subject: numbers

Hi Om. Somewhere on the forum I saw a reply by Doug stating that at any time he sees far more people listening than actually using the system...so people are out there...However I do agree that non paid up deletees (if that's an english word) !!! should be removed from the list...73's..Des
#3     Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:12 am
2E0RDO
Stockton on Tees England

Subject:

Hi Des, Well that could well be the case...what i really meant was the people transmitting.
#4     Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:48 pm
W7RJR
Spokane, WA

Subject: Membership list

I guess it depends upon what one calls a 'member'. In my opinion a member would be one who 'subscribed'. This is analogous to a list of people downloading shareware only to abandon it after a period of time.

For those evaluating CQ100 they can easily assume far more activity than actually exists, resulting in obvious disappointment.

#5     Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:07 am
2E0RDO
Stockton on Tees England

Subject: Re: Membership list

W7RJR wrote:
I guess it depends upon what one calls a 'member'. In my opinion a member would be one who 'subscribed'. This is analogous to a list of people downloading shareware only to abandon it after a period of time.

For those evaluating CQ100 they can easily assume far more activity than actually exists, resulting in obvious disappointment.

I agree, but whichever way you look it remains the same .....not a lot of members subscribed or otherwise are using cq100 to actually transmit..i cant see the listeners of course...dont get me wrong i love the system...and in my original post i did refer to subscribed members...[quote].[.it would be interesting to see the REAL figure of paid up members.]....and it still would...and for those who dont or wont use cq100 its your loss.......have a nice days guys..

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.