Archive

Topic: Server Problem July 21 and 22 Weekend (5 replies)
#1     Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:08 am
VE3EFC

Subject: Server Problem July 21 and 22 Weekend

Many people reported frequent dropouts and disconnects over this weekend. It was a problem with the ISP providing connection to the Qsonet system in Texas.

The Texas ISP team was able to solve and repair the problem by late Sunday evening. Everything seems ok now.

73, Doug
#2     Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:01 pm
KC5PTX
324 Bryan Dr Garland,Tx.75042

Subject: connection problems

Hi Doug, I live in Garland,Tx and I tried to make contacts on cq 100 today. Once again, I experienced server disconnect problems. Maybe, ISP problems have not beem fixed here yet. However, every one else is also having the same problem. This problem creeped up slowly in the last week and now appears to be full blown. We need help in finding who is to blame. Thank You and 73
#3     Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:05 am
JN2UNC
Nagoya, Japan

Subject:

Hello, Dong, this is jN2UNC in Japan.
I'm afraid that we sometimes still have dropout problem in Japan.
Many CQ100 users feel dissapointed of the service of CQ100 and complain of the annual fee payment.
As you know, CQ100 users are getting fewer, unless you fix this problem ASAP, things would be worse.
I expect the quick resolution of this problem and make CQ100 more atractive so that many registered stations will be back to CQ100.
Best 73s, Toshi
#4     Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:50 pm
VE3EFC

Subject:

Hi Toshi,

I found a nice free program that will tell where the dropouts are happening, your ISP or mine. http://www.visualroute.com

There was an intermittent problem with my ISP for 3 days but it has been fixed. Nobody is trying to fix anything here. Everything here is exactly the same as it was for the past year. If the traceroute shows a problem with my ISP, please let me know.

http://www.qsonet.com/qbb/viewtopic.php?t=788

73, Doug
#5     Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:34 pm
W7RJR
Spokane, WA

Subject: NTT.net

Hi Doug

The program you reference works quite nicely and should help folks figure out what is going on with their internet connection. People may have to allow the ICMP protocol to pass through their firewall though! ICMP is usually turned off by default in firewalls.

My MOS score is generally around 4.2 so the cable connection is considered good. QOS varies with how many neighbors are draining the node I am on and this is not unusual for cable. DSL will likely produce better QOS numbers.

Various tests conducted here show good paths until NTT.net is encountered in Houston. Ping times and packet loss increase significantly there. Ping times increase from 15 ms to >85 ms as soon as packets hit Houston.

FYI and good luck

#6     Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:12 pm
JN2UNC
Nagoya, Japan

Subject:

Hi Doug

I'm sorry for mis-spelling your name in my last post.
The monitoring tool you mentioned is very interesting.
I'm not sure the IP address for CQ100, however I set www.qsonet.com for target IP and check the QOS, MOS and speed.

Then I found QOS is not stable, it fluctuates wetween 50% and 98%, sometimes its signal turns into red.
I think my ISP Commufa (optical cable), ODN and NTT are working well and their speeds meet my expectation but in the last a few points in the US, the speeds are not so fast.
I will keep monitoring for a couple of weeks, if any trouble, I will make a report here.

JN2UNC
Toshi

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.