Archive

Topic: Eqsl (3 replies)
#1     Tue May 22, 2007 12:02 pm
K5ZRK
Sandersville, Ms.

Subject: Eqsl

I wiuld like to encourage the stations who use Qsonet to also look at eQSL.cc and give it a try. It is free and it is a fast and easy way to confirm your contacts on Qsonet BUT I find a LOT of the stations on Qsonet are NOT registered with eQsl. Again it is FREE but they do accept donations. This was around before LOTW became a reality and it is a very SIMPLE system and they have an authenticity certificate that is easy to obtain and again FREE. Some of us like to confirm qso's we have on Qsonet and this si the painless way to do it ! The only problem I have with their system is that they do not list Qsonet BUT I simply check " echolink" in their propagation mode selector on the card I am sending out and in the comments section put " Netqso-voip " and that is explanitory. Just type eQSL.cc in your search engine and check them out ! It is far easier than the maze of LOTW !
#2     Wed May 23, 2007 9:37 am
DG7LAE
Luebeck

Subject:

Hi ,

i fully agree , easy and free to use . With eQSL there is no need anymore to be a member of a national ham organization or any affiliation to a local club .

In case of QsoNet as you i use the comment line for explanation .

I have exchange cards by eQSL since 1994 and have never had one single problem .
The exchange does not take month or even years but often you get the QSL the same day , depending on your QSO partner .

Uli
#3     Thu May 24, 2007 9:50 am
KB3NPH
Spring Run, PA

Subject:

DG7LAE wrote:
Hi ,

i fully agree , easy and free to use . With eQSL there is no need anymore to be a member of a national ham organization or any affiliation to a local club .

In case of QsoNet as you i use the comment line for explanation .

I have exchange cards by eQSL since 1994 and have never had one single problem .
The exchange does not take month or even years but often you get the QSL the same day , depending on your QSO partner .

Uli

I have been a ham for only just over a year. I start with eQSL shortly after I got my license and you are right. It is a great service but unfortunately not many of the CQ100 users take advantage of it. It would be great if more would use it. Would be very nice to get cards from the contacts we make via this mode. I have a few from people I have talked to on EchoLink and just about 5 or 6 from people here on QSONet. Hopefully more people will start taking advantage of this FREE service, also for a DONATION of as little as $5.00 you have the option to upload a picture and design your own QSL card. That is what I have done and my QSL Card has a picture of the CQ100 radio for it's background. I hope Doug doesn't mind. HI HI.

73s
KB3NPH
#4     Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:15 pm
W8CSN
Westland, Michigan USA

Subject:

In the past, eQSL had requested that we not use CQ100 QSO's due to the fact that there was no way to seperate them from RF QSOs. But I just noticed that the new ADIF specification list has a 'VOI' listing available on the eQSLs. So it would seem that there is no longer a conflict. Just thought I would pass the information along in case anyone needed it.

Steve W8CSN

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.