Archive

Topic: Missing Radio Hams (22 replies)
#11     Thu May 17, 2007 3:52 pm
VE3EFC

Subject:

There are NO significant technical problems with CQ100. NONE!

If someone's internet does not work, its not a bug with my program.
If someone has deleted codecs from their computer its not a bug in my program.
If someone has installed buggy firewall software, its not a bug with my program.

I spend an hour every day helping people with these problems, even though its not my program at fault.

Just look into the Technical Problems section of this discussion forum. The reported problems are few and not caused my software.

I give 90 days free trial so you can thoroughly test it with your system before you buy it. If your system cannot handle it, then I would sincerely hope you do not buy it.
#12     Thu May 17, 2007 4:45 pm
W7RJR
Spokane, WA

Subject:

Doug

I think your response pretty much clears everything up.
Good luck with the new topic regarding Eham.net.

#13     Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:54 pm
VE7HJ
Delta, BC

Subject: CQ100 or Your Internet Provider?

I am at a loss why anyone would criticize the system when our (your) internet is continually slowing down, stopping, causing drop outs and even echoes. I work in an office with 10 people we all use Skype (VOIP) phone service. Five of the people or more continually complain that they loose the caller or hear their own voice. That is with a T1 data line into our office. Although I must admit I have learned that postings on eHam tend to be a place where the constant whiners hang out. Get a grip and give the inventor credit where it is due. Itís a great piece of software and a wonderful place to meet hams from around the world.

Great System Doug, Keep up the good work.
#14     Thu Jun 07, 2007 4:04 pm
G0CYD
South Gloucestershire

Subject:

Well I have now read most of the comments on all post and I think this is the one to put my comment. Back in 1992 in the bad winds my antenna system was raised to the floor.(Well the colaspsed). Anyway I was out of amature radio since that date, although I have moved gone back into my old profession working the land, my radios etc gathering dust never getting round to putting my antenns up.
Then later part of last year an amaturer of the past I used to talk to surgested CQ100. Well I downloaded it, enjoyed it, and paid for it. All I can realy say is Doug you have mad me very happy. Although people say its nat amature radio they are so worng. I said the same about packet radio.

Thank you Douge for a fantastic program. 73's
#15     Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:22 am
KE5JRM
Hennessey, OK

Subject:

I have been reading a lot of posts tonight and it seems to me that everyone wants CQ100 to be perfect. Not going to happen. Doug has built one very fine system here, and I am sure that it will get better over time. I have not been on CQ100 for very long (less than a year) but I have presented this to my local club as an alternative to ecolink. At least this acts like a radio.
Does it have problems? I would have to say yes some, but that is the nature of the Internet. When i first started I was dropping out 20+ times an hour. Guess what it wasn't Doug's fault, I had a bad modem.
I don't get the whole whining for the sake of whining, but I guess everybody needs to do something. Hey I've got it, let's all get off the boards and go talk to someone on CQ100. :wink:
#16     Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:43 pm
KE7ELT
Laugh, Nevada U.S.A.

Subject:

Hi Guys, all this crying has to stop ,this is a great program , nothing is not
a perfecr program none is , all of the problems are caused by internet connections not CQ 100 , W7RJR i suggest if your not happy dont use it no one is Putting a Gun to yor head , i know for a lot of people wholive in apts and have antenna restrictions this program is a blessing , instead of whining and crying Give Doug constructive suggestions , Doug you have done a great Job i wil back you up 100%, thanks again for a great program 73s Rich
#17     Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:45 pm
KE7ELT
Laugh, Nevada U.S.A.

Subject:

Hi Guys, all this crying has to stop ,this is a great program , nothing is not
a perfecr program none is , all of the problems are caused by internet connections not CQ 100 , W7RJR i suggest if your not happy dont use it no one is Putting a Gun to yor head , i know for a lot of people wholive in apts and have antenna restrictions this program is a blessing , instead of whining and crying Give Doug constructive suggestions , Doug you have done a great Job i wil back you up 100%, thanks again for a great program 73s Rich
#18     Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:35 pm
W7RJR
Spokane, WA

Subject:

The last comment I made here was on May 18, 2007. As far as I know Doug and I have made peace.

As for KE7ELT, I guess he just discovered this thread 5 months later and decided he wanted to renew the argument.

Rich, if you have an argument to present, let's hear it, but please keep it technical and not personal.

#19     Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:00 pm
KE7ELT
Laugh, Nevada U.S.A.

Subject:

W7RJR I apologize if i offened you it was not a pesonal attack , i have been reading these posts everyday since i Joined in april, sometimes i over react and dont think before i type, again i Apologize if i offened you
hope we can remain on good terms 73 rich
#20     Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:51 am
VE3MOX
Sault Ste Marie Ont.Can

Subject: Ve3mox = Gus

Haveing used this program for 15 months second pay 32 dollars.I have had no problem I am there it is there.The only thing drives me bonko,s is people trying to work 3 or 4 computers through the cheapest modems and routers they can find a lot on scrap computers to start with.I use an intel computer gnet modem cq100 no problem 24 / 7.also check me out on qrz and see my ham station I work the world with it anytime I want with my 500 watt cube g5rv antenna.From 8 am till midenight you can find us on 3.5 mgs 3800 cq100 from south africa to alaska.There is nothing wrong with this program it is your station so clean up your own act.Great Great Great Program Doug Keep it going as is Doug As long as I am able to work Amatuer radio I will also be here I spend my allowance on one case off beer a year not being a drunered I pay it to cq100.Merry Christmas Doug to you and all the cq100 group.Gus ve3mox

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.