Archive

Topic: Calling Channel = 14.200 Mhz (10 replies)
#1     Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:09 pm
VE3EFC

Subject: Calling Channel = 14.200 Mhz

I notice a problem with the start up of this new service. We don't have enough stations signed up yet, so when a new station looks in, he finds there is nobody to talk to. So he closes the program.

Let's agree to use 14.200 Mhz as the calling channel. If we all leave our rigs listening on this channel, anyone making a call is likely to be heard. I hope this idea helps.

Remember, the blue spectrum line shows a little "blip" to indicate what frequencies are currently active. Turn the tuning knob to bring a "blip" to the center.
#2     Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:48 pm
K0VJ
Littleton, Colorado

Subject:

Good idea.

I'm primarily a CW op, and I'd like to propose the same thing for those looking for a CW QSO. How about the 40m FISTS calling frequency of 7.058 MHz?

Rick KØVJ
#3     Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:38 am
VE3EFC

Subject:

Good idea Rick. But I would prefer the 20 meter Fists frequency of 14.058 Mhz. Most of the new stations are sticking to 20 meters and it looks better if they see some activity. I have been running CW code practice on 20 meters for this reason.
#4     Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:48 pm
K0VJ
Littleton, Colorado

Subject:

14.058 it is.

I was thinking about this earlier today, and you're right. Since the calling frequency for voice is already on 20m, it's much easier to notice a spike on the spectrum at 14.200 while monitoring 14.058 or vice versa.

Have you considered posting a link to QsoNet on eHam and QRZ? That would drive quite a few signups, I think.
#5     Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:38 pm
VE3EFC

Subject:

Hi Rick. I have been running banner ads on eham.com, qrz.com and qth.com for the past week. These banner ads have been running about 6000 views per day with about 60 clicks, resulting in 3 or 4 new signups daily.

I plan to put an ad in QST magazine for November, which will be out in mid October.

I had quite a few comments that people cannot understand the description on the home page. Also, that the pricing is scaring people away. I made some changes to the home page and the pricing just an hour ago. I hope this helps.

Word of mouth is the best way to grow and this method will accelerate over time. It would be nice to have a reporter do a "review". I will issue a formal press release when we officially release version 1.0 in a few more days.
#6     Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:16 pm
HZ1SK
JEDDAH SAUDI ARABIA

Subject:

Hi,

I would like to help in advertising, I can put a FREE ad on the No.1 Arab Amateur Radio website which I own and operate
http://www.Laselki.net

I have already notified fellows on the forum there about QSONET.com and I'm sure many of them will be signing. The first one that signed after I told him was my brother Nabil OD5SX.

So Please send me the banner by e-mail and I'll put it on Laselki.net

Best 73's,

Samir
OD5SK , HZ1SK
#7     Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:40 am
VE3EFC

Subject:

Hi Samir. Many thanks for your kind offer to post the banner ad for QsoNet.
The image is available at http://qsonet.com/images/qsobanner.gif
I also sent it to you as email attachment.

Clicking anywhere on the banner should go to http://qsonet.com
Thanks again!
73, Doug VE3EFC
#8     Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:56 am
HZ1SK
JEDDAH SAUDI ARABIA

Subject:

Hi Doug,

My pleasure :) and QSONET banner is now on the main page of Laselki.net and also in the forum where we have around 1450 members...Yesterday I received many phone calls from fellows asking about QSONET and more info about how to register and I'm glad to see some of them already registered and will be looking forward to seeing many more.

Best 73's and Good Luck,

Samir
OD5SK,HZ1SK
www.od5sk.com
#9     Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:54 am
A61Q
Ajman and Abu Dhabai Unted Arab Emirates

Subject:

Hi
Samir,

I'm a new member of Qso Net Nabil Info me So I am Going Put it in A6group.ae or A61Q.com soon Tks for Infomation!

all the best Guys its Excellent QSO Net :D
Ok samir best 73es Cu U on Qso/net soon.

Abdullah A61Q.
#10     Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:40 pm
HZ1SK
JEDDAH SAUDI ARABIA

Subject:

Hi Abdullah,

Well its really Great that you are also QRV now on QSONET , I had A very nice QSOs with Nabil - OD5SX - and with Munir - VE3MYN also. The service works very nice and the audio quality is Supberb.
So I'll be looking forward to meeting you on this new service soon.

Best 73's,

Samir
OD5SK , HZ1SK

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.