Archive

Topic: EQ-100 (5 replies)
#1     Sat Apr 07, 2007 8:11 am
W9KK
Kankakee, IL

Subject: EQ-100

I have been hearing about a new VIRTUAL radio, EQ-100. Does any one have any Information as to If It Is connected In any way with CQ-100? Mabe Doug can let us know more about this new system. I understand that It Is a NEW version of ECHO-LINK.

Cliff W9KK :o
#2     Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:24 pm
VE3EFC

Subject:

This has nothing to do with the QsoNet system and the CQ100 transceiver. It appears the artwork was stolen from CQ100.
#3     Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:22 am
PY2GI
avai

Subject: Re: EQ-100

W9KK wrote:
I have been hearing about a new VIRTUAL radio, EQ-100. Does any one have any Information as to If It Is connected In any way with CQ-100? Mabe Doug can let us know more about this new system. I understand that It Is a NEW version of ECHO-LINK.

#4     Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:48 pm
PY4PY
UBERLANDIA

Subject: Re: EQ-100

PY2GI wrote:

W9KK wrote:

#5     Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:40 pm
N8RGO
Mansfield, Ohio

Subject:

I looked up the EQ-100 and saw the interface yes it looks like the CQ-100 with some modifications. From what I can tell it is set up for echolink. While I think that is a good ideal I do not like the ideal that sombody stole sombody elses look of a radio interface. So for that reason alone I do not believe I will try it.

However that brings up another thought or question I do use a regular echolink computer program and like echolink alot, is there ways right now that echolink can be brought up via the CQ100..I hear about these RF gateways on 10 meters I was also wondering what that is all about.

Are there people out there that are making any programs that would blend in with the CQ100 maybe in terms of a add-on or side piece that has the look of the CQ100. Just wondering

About the above mentioned stolen interface look, I wonder what Doug thinks about that in general. It is ashame that he could not come up with his own design. Maybe that would be a great ideal to make a companion to the CQ100 that would viritualy be in say the VHF bands like 2 meter or 440 and have it connect to the echolink system, any more thoughts on this at all.
Larry N8RGO
#6     Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:54 pm
VE6TJL
EDMONTON AB

Subject: EQ-100

the only other network that is similar other than EQSO is Hamsphere. http://www.hamsphere.com and I have to say that it is pretty good but not as robust as QSONET.

For one thing the frequency specs are on about 90 KC on each band. The program does have 160 15 and 10 are not live. This system is a dwarf compared with this one, the only real interesting thing is that the system is setup to follow propagation patterns and has noise like QRN and QRM. It's also a network with very few active ops and anyone can join meaning non hams can use it.

good as a backup but not better than this network, Doug has built a solid system that with strong support that can in my opinion hold up to any competition.

Cliff VE6TJL

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.