Archive

Topic: Membership list accuracy. (10 replies)
#1     Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:13 am
VA3AY
Thunder Bay, ON

Subject: Membership list accuracy.

Good day Doug,
I am wondering about the decision to edit the membership list to reflect the ACTUAL authorized users of the system. That is delete the non-renewed people or otherwise differentiate them on the list. I look for friends that may not be on here anymore. I think you will undoubtedly arrive at an excellant solution land thank-you for your terrific support of the QSonet.

de Bill
:)
#2     Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:45 pm
VE6ER
Edmonton AB

Subject: Membership list

I don't see any need for the membership list, unless it was broken down into, call areas, names, or such. I am not advocating this change. Why complicate the system? It is almost impossible to find any particular person/call on the list, nor do I have any need to do that.
#3     Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:44 pm
VA3AY
Thunder Bay, ON

Subject: Tenks!

Then...I take it you voted?

Bill
:D
#4     Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:10 pm
W7RJR
Spokane, WA

Subject: Membership list

I agree with Bill that the membership list is of value, but needs to differentiate between those that have been deleted and those that are still active. Just makes sense.
#5     Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:24 am
VA3AY
Thunder Bay, ON

Subject: Tenks 2

Good day,
I agree with Robert. IF we have a list it should be useable. I find an ever growing unedited list is worthless and senseless.

Bill
[/i]
#6     Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:30 am
VE5DKB
North Battleford, SK

Subject: Re: Membership list

VE6ER wrote:
I don't see any need for the membership list, unless it was broken down into, call areas, names, or such. I am not advocating this change. Why complicate the system? It is almost impossible to find any particular person/call on the list, nor do I have any need to do that.

* I don't seem to understand what you're thinking of, or your problem. If you want to know who is from, say Alberta for example, just go to to the list and select V, then scroll down to VE and continue on to VE6... then it lists all users in Alberta, and it works great. I use this all the time to check for new VE5's here. To know if a person is on the system, all one requires is a partial call-sign, is select and scroll... easy. I'm sure that other people have used this and have found no problem in using it.

Onto Another Topic and perhaps related: (Should this be posted in 'Suggestions ?)
* As for the 'members/expired or what', on the list, 'live with it'. Doug, VE3EFC, has a lot to do at keeping this system going. I'm sure he does the time-to-time purges, but this being a side-line project, I can't see himself going through the list and purging 'one-on-one' on a daily basis.... he just doesn't have the time. Now, that brings me to a suggestion... Why not have the "Membership List" download-able so that one could import into say, MS-Office, etc., for sorting, deletions, editing, and so on. That way one could manipulate it at ones own will. It's just a thought. (Anybody want to take this idea forward?... then just 'go-for-it'!)
#7     Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:38 am
VA3AY
Thunder Bay, ON

Subject: Myst!

Good day,
I like the idea of a downloadable thingy..but how would we be notified of changes/deletions it may as well be done once by Doug in the first place. I don't think it would be too hard to have an internal program that culls after due date and automatically keeps the list current. Perhaps the same one that enters membership payment could be used. Doug MUST have a "paid in full" list somewhere to keep track of the $$$.
Anyhoo..I appreciate the input. It helps to get discussion to get a better product. And, I think the CQ100 is one of the best implementations of a concept that I have seen.

de Bill es 73/
#8     Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:46 pm
VE4EO
winnipeg.mb.canada

Subject:

I agree Bill the membership list should show who are current menbers and those who drop out should be eliminated..bythe way Bill I can mention people who have dropped out some you know....
Norm ve4eo
#9     Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:33 am
K9LZJ
Greenfield, IN

Subject: Membership List

I agree that a current membership would be helpful. Many of us are finding a decline in usage, and this may be due to the number of active members.

Hank
K9LZJ
(a paid member)
#10     Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:58 am
VA3AY
Thunder Bay, ON

Subject: Agreed

Hiya Hank,

Yes, I have noticed the drop in usage as well. It may be the better conditions on HF but I don't know. My personal survey showed several days with about 5 active stations online-a severe drop. I do not yet believe there are so many non-renewals. We shall see however. This holiday weekend should have quite a few people in QSO.

Bill
:?

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.