Archive

Topic: Open TX on Calling Freq (1 replies)
#1     Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:07 pm
VE9GUS
Burton, NB. Canada

Subject: Open TX on Calling Freq

Is there someway that it can be setup when stations have not been watching what they are doing by causing a constant TX on the Calling Frequency that we are able to override the interference? I have been listening now for at least 30 minutes to GOTTU/VE3UKX TXing on the calling frequency and no audio. Other stations are not able to TX with this going on. This is not the first time I have experienced this, awhile ago we had a staion on TX and he was snoring, fast asleep and we had to wait until he awoke and realized he had it on TX.
Maybe the VOX capability should be removed.
#2     Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:21 am
G0DNI
Shrewsbury, UK

Subject: Re: Open TX on Calling Freq

VE9GUS wrote:
Is there someway that it can be setup when stations have not been watching what they are doing by causing a constant TX on the Calling Frequency that we are able to override the interference? I have been listening now for at least 30 minutes to GOTTU/VE3UKX TXing on the calling frequency and no audio. Other stations are not able to TX with this going on. This is not the first time I have experienced this, awhile ago we had a staion on TX and he was snoring, fast asleep and we had to wait until he awoke and realized he had it on TX.
Maybe the VOX capability should be removed.

The latest verion of the CQ100 does have a "time out" timer which will drop tx after a set period of time.

Poor G0TUU did upset a lot of people yesterday, although I'm sure it was not intentional. I emailed him (as did a few other people) at the time and I got a reply back from him this morning to say that it wouldn't happen again. I hope that this doesn't mean that he won't use the CQ100 again, as this is the sort of thing that could happen to anybody. He must have thought that it had gone really quiet though :shock:

What was almost as bad as the stuck TX were the "CBer" type comments that it attracted once the TX stopped. OK, we all make mistakes every now and then, but it only needs one person to point it out.

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.