Archive

Topic: Using SSTV on QSO Net for new beginner on QSO (3 replies)
#1     Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:58 am
N5BRY
Houston, Texas

Subject: Using SSTV on QSO Net for new beginner on QSO

Lads -
Checking out use of SSTV on QSO and see that Mori's MMSSTV is the only program mentioned.

Is any other SSTV program ( Hampal, EasyPal, etc) being used ?

Tnx Bill
#2     Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:07 pm
W7RJR
Spokane, WA

Subject: SSTV

Bill

MMSSTV became popular because it had lots of parameters to fiddle with in an attempt to improve the image. Lately many of us have switched to MixW because it contains a mode entitled TTT that works well on CQ100. The major reason for using MixW now is that you can shift the center frequency from 1900 hz to 900 hz. This seems to make a big difference in the quality of the image.

Hampal and EasyPal are digital (DRM) rather than analog programs. I have tried using these modes several times on CQ100 and could not get them to synchronize. I'm sure there is much room for experimentation there.

See you there.
#3     Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:58 pm
WB1CAX
Lowell, Ma.

W7RJR - Hello OM. I was just on here to post a message to see if there were any SSTV "how to" nets. I saw your post and figured maybe you could help me out. I downloaded MMSSTV and having never used SSTV before I am overwhelmed by all the adjustments, etc.... Where would I find the other program you mentioned and is it user friendly for the SSTV impaired? Hi!

I have been curious for years about SSTV but never knew anyone who ran it. Any help would sure be appreciated.

Thank you.
Jerry Colton
Lowell, Ma.
WB1CAX
(N1TKO after Jan 29th)
cornerman@comcast.net
#4     Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:28 am
W7RJR
Spokane, WA

Hi Jerry

You might want to tune CQ100 to 14.230 where a number of SSTV users hang out and would be happy to help you get started. If you want to download Mixw, try http://www.mixw.net. MixW is easier to setup and use than MMSSTV but lacks some features in SSTV mode.

See you on 14.230.

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.