Archive

Topic: Windows 98 & ME Ghosting (4 replies)
#1     Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:14 pm
VK4MAD
Brisbane

Subject: Windows 98 & ME Ghosting

Doug, just had a qso with a freind of mine who was having ghosting problems using ME,but now it is working fine.

Thank you for your continued support

Wayne
VK4MAD "Go 98 & ME" fellow Hams :lol:
#2     Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:16 pm
G6CPZ
KIRTON Nr. BOSTON

Subject:

Hi Doug How is it possible for one callsign to be on two different freqs. at the same time? I've just seen a VK5 on 14.320 & 14.345. A PA0 seemed to be calling him but I heard no audio from the VK5. Anyone else noticed this? Ghosting??
73 G6CPZ Alan
#3     Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:09 pm
VE3EFC

Subject:

If a station gets disconnected from the internet while transmitting, the server does not receive the key-off command, so that station appears as a transmitting ghost on that frequency for as long as 20 minutes before the server cleans house.

If that station reconnects to the internet and comes back, he may see his own ghost stuck on the old frequency even though he can transmit on other frequencies.

This ghost problem is tricky to fix. We fixed the bug on the server a few weeks ago, but this fix activated a latent bug on the transceiver for Windows 98 users. With all the complaints from Windows 98 users, we decided to put the server back and just live with a few ghosts :)

We are dragging our feet now because a proper fix of the ghost problem will require a new version for all users at once. The older versions will not work. Maybe we will leave well enough alone and just live with a few ghosts appearing now and then.

73 Doug
#4     Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:05 am
G6CPZ
KIRTON Nr. BOSTON

Subject:

Sounds the best way at this moment in time Doug.
73 Alan
#5     Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:06 am
G6CPZ
KIRTON Nr. BOSTON

Subject:

Hi Doug
Just downloaded the latest version. Looks good. The timeout & heartbeat PONG will certainly help tremendously. Only comment I think PING sounds better than PONG :lol:

Alan
G6CPZ

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.