Archive

Topic: Dropouts & Lockups (4 replies)
#1     Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:08 pm
W0SDG
Apple Valley MN

Subject: Dropouts & Lockups

Doug,

I have delayed writing this as I was sure just how to explain some if this information. I have been experience some longer dropouts today, but that may be due to the local connection. I do however have this problem at home, as well although dropout recovery is usually fast. I am running a 5 meg cable modem, XP Pro, fast processor and adequet memory. What is occuring allot is screen lockups. Often the stations info dropout while talking but still can be heard. It locks me out of transmit quite often as well when this happens and I have to switch bands and come back to normalize. Other lockups occur as well but not sure how to describe them. The rig doesn't usually lockup though. I thought at first is was a digital mode problem and possibly connected to VOX, but it is happening on Voice as well with PTT activated. I hope you can make some sense from this and it is useful to you. Cq100 is still the bees knees as far as I am concerned.

Steve - W0SDG
#2     Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:28 pm
VE3EFC

Subject:

Hi Steve,

It is normal for the station label to go blank if there is a 2 second gap in the internet stream. This has been discussed on these forums. This is by design.

You cannot key up your transmitter when voice is being received, regardless what the station label and spike are doing. This is by design.

The "ghost detecting" server version was causing some disconnects over the last 3 days, especially for Windows 98 and CW statioins. We have rolled back to the original server today.

There is more advice about breakup problems here...
http://www.qsonet.com/qbb/viewtopic.php?t=52

73 Doug
#3     Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:41 pm
W0SDG
Apple Valley MN

Subject:

My Tx will lock out after the other station drops. I do understand that I cannot key up while the channel is active with another station. I am not sure either that I mentioned that the audio disappears at times too and at times the screen freezes on the last station heard. Once again I switch bands to clear the problem. You did clear up the loss of station info for me though.

This is just some stuff happening to me and I wonder if this is the same types of small problems concerning a few others as posted in one of the forums. I am running 3 versions of CQ100, build 178 on one computer, 181 on another, and 186 on the 3rd computer. All have these same little things happening. So, just some "stuff" for you to ponder.

Steve
#4     Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:15 am
VE3EFC

Subject:

Hi Steve,

Google up some speed test sites and test if your connection is pausing.

73 Doug
#5     Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:55 am
W0SDG
Apple Valley MN

Subject:

Average download speed 2.9 megs with a 5 meg service. 10 tests, various sites.

Steve

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.