#11     Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:20 pm
W0SDG
Apple Valley MN

Subject: Re: voip again.

#12     Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:47 am
G4ILO
Cockermouth, UK

Subject:

I can't put up outside antennas either, but I still can get on real radio using QRP and a loop of wire in the attic, and do quite well especially on data modes and CW on 20m and up. If you don't have an attic it's surprising how well a magnetic loop works.

I think it would be a pity if people took the soft option and spent all their time on this, instead of trying to make the best of their situation for amateur radio. QsoNet is fun, it's a way to play at hamming when the bands are dead, but radio it is not.
#13     Sun Dec 17, 2006 3:59 am
2E0RDO
Stockton on Tees England

Subject: qso 100

Cant understand what the bitching is all about......if you dont like it then dont use it....simple really.......
#14     Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:40 am
AD7DK
Las Vegas, Nevada

Subject:

True, CQ100 isn't radio. I don't think anyone believes that it is. If you had read the description on the home page, you would know this. Seems like some people always have to find things to complain about.

Is CQ100 real radio.... no
Is CQ100 fun..... yes

Reliable and interesting conversations for when the bands are dead. Sounds good to me.
#15     Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:53 am
DG7LAE
Luebeck

Subject:

Agree with Ray 2E0RDO completly , why have some always to teach others what a real ham has to do in his life .

Uli DG7LAE
#16     Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:50 pm
MI3STV
Lisburn, Northern Ireland

Subject:

Quote:
I guess they can't read just like when they buy a transceiver take it out of the box and turn it on and ask everyone else how to use it.O'well what can we do.

Arent airwaves free? If so, why did you spend a lot of money on classes, exams and radio equipment to use something that is free also ?

Quote:
Your making some one else rich but i guess that's ok.

Are you not making someone else rich when you buy radio equipment, costing 100 times more than the price of this programme? Server equipment/bandwidth doesnt come cheap, the people spending their time writing and executing this software have to get help from somewhere.

I myself have no intered in working a radio on any hf/vhf bands as my main interest has been with computers and not radio for a long long time now. This concept I welcome with open arms as it lets me rekindle an old hobby and, who knows, maybe some day i might put myself back into the position where I will be operating on the airwaves again.

anyway's thats my penny's worth.. take it or leave it, you have a 90 day trial before you gotta part with anything for the priviledge.

#17     Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:13 pm
AD5C
Citrus Springs, Florida

Subject:

I think these are our choices, even though we all have freedom of speech, no one has the right to tell us what to do with our time and money, if someone doesn't want to pay for something then it is his or her choice, but please don't tell me that I am doing any wrong, as if when I pay for something that I like or want, in other words that person should mind their own business.
#18     Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:27 am
KC9KOW
Chicago

Subject:

"Is CQ100 real radio.... no
Is CQ100 fun..... yes"

There are exceptions to this....real RF links are here. There is also the question in the modern day as to what "real radio" is anymore because of all the developments. QSONet is available to us licensed people only, and so there is nothing but hams out there. Even though it is voip for the most part, the contacts and the people are real.

Many of us cannot have anything more than a couple of HT's that provide the best coverage we can get for our money because not all of us own our own homes, and for those that do...there are those rules that will not let them put antennaes up. Some landlords will let you, and some won't...and that is where amateur radio VOIP /w/ live RF comes in for us.

On the subject as to whether or not QSONet is worth paying for....I believe it is. I have made lots of friends already and made some very interesting contacts. I will be subscribing for as long as it is affordable for me.
#19     Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:39 am
M1CYK
Colchester, UK

Subject:

2E0RDO has hit the nail on the head - end of subject!
Eamon M1CYK
#20     Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:23 pm
AC1U
Derry, NH

Subject:

Is CQ100 real radio? Well some of the detractors say NO.

Well... Lets look at it this way...

There are live links here and in those cases CQ100 is nothing more
than another radio control program and the VOIP internet connection
nothing more than a long mike cord and speaker wire.

You had better believe that when you transmit on one of these link
channels here on CQ100 you are indeed on HAM radio and Live at that.

So what's the beef? This is the same arguement I heard on Echolink
and the result is the same. It is a tool of Ham radio and
Ham radio indeed when connected to a link.

For the detractors and Nay-sayers: If you don't like
long "mike cords and speaker wires" get a portable handheld.

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.