Archive

Topic: Have we been here before? (3 replies)
#1     Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:36 pm
G4CAO
New Haw

Subject: Have we been here before?

There is no doubt about it, the program is beyond excellent, there are many call signs that have been around a long time and I know circumstances for some of them is very difficult to operate as they did in their earlier times, but I see some calls come up on this program that I have seen appear over the last 5/7 years through my gateway that I do not hear on HF, even with good propagation, the same calls or usernames appear right through the VoIP spectrum; you name the program es you will see them. This has been commented on before and it's a pity that if you get a hard worked for call sign to work on HF you can now go through the motions of an QSO and ask for a Qsl card just by using the computer. I was asked 2 days ago to Qsl "via the buro" on this program . The request burnt me... maybe a macro but it was still transmitted...keep smiling... Geoff G4CAO
#2     Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:22 pm
W0NBP
Ottumwa, Iowa

Subject:

How about virtual QSL?

Many have been using Eqsl for acknowledging contacts. (WWW.Eqsl.com)

Seems to make sense to me.... Virtual QSL for Virtual contact....

Some are even collecting WAC and WAS.....

No matter how I feel about it, I think it is here to stay.

Enjoy...

Bill

de W0NBP
#3     Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:36 am
NP3OD
Puerto Rico

Subject:

To not double post

Please see my post on 28 Nov 2006 at 8:33am on topic "Can I Take a Real QSL Card?"".

Francisco
NP3OD
#4     Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:56 am
G4ILO
Cockermouth, UK

Subject:

W0NBP wrote:
How about virtual QSL?

Many have been using Eqsl for acknowledging contacts.

I am an eQSL user but I don't want QSLs for Internet chats, any more than I would QSL a phone call. That's barmy.

If people eQSL "virtual contacts" using the "virtual band" they were on, it will mess up people's real logs and discredit the entire eQSL award program.

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.