Archive

Topic: Internet Noise (1 replies)
#1     Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:38 pm
W0SDG
Apple Valley MN

Subject: Internet Noise

I don't know if this is on my end only or throughout the internet, but I experienced an intermittent clicking or dropout tonight on all modes, PSK, Voice, CW, etc. It caused missed characters on PSK and CW and short dropouts on Voice. My thinking is that this is an occasional, normal, condition that occurs from time to time. I just wanted to share this experience with you in case you have experienced the same thing. It certainly messed up my PSK contacts, hi hi. So, if you are experiencing this I don't feel it is cause for alarm unless it is constant. Just my thoughts.

Steve - W0SDG
#2     Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:08 pm
W0SDG
Apple Valley MN

Subject:

Today, Friday, the crackling I heard last night is completely gone and digital, cw, and voice transmission are very clear. This experience reinforces my thoughts about the internet not always being quite as pure we would like it to be. In otherwords, we can have some QRN, hi hi. It may not be widespread, rather, a local condition, but it probably will happen to everyone at least once. And just like a thunderstorm, we will have to wait it out, hi.

Steve - W0SDG

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.