Archive

Topic: Newbi Help PLEASE (8 replies)
#1     Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:05 am
GI0JQQ
Ballycastle, Co Antrim

Subject: Newbi Help PLEASE

Hi all.
I signed up to CQ100 on the 16 Nov, and still I can't get connected to the servers.

The OS is XP home SP2, Running through a Wireless BT Voyager 2000 Router, the Firewall is built into the router, XP's firewall is switched off, running IE 6. My Echolink, Eqso,Google Earth, MSN, Yahoo all run ok. The sound card is a creative Live external 24bit

I would like to get on with what looks like a great program, but I,m pulling out me hair trying to get on it....

Wid mny tnx in advance to anyone that can help..

Ted GI0JQQ
#2     Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:44 am
MI3STV
Lisburn, Northern Ireland

Subject:

Hi Ted,
Only thing i can think of here is that your router firewall is blocking it. Best to go into your firewall settings and create a rule for cq100 allowing it both tcp and udp access.

thx Steve
#3     Wed Nov 22, 2006 7:10 pm
GI0JQQ
Ballycastle, Co Antrim

Subject: Help

Ok Steve tnx for the info but, we have already thought of this, but to do so with out router in-built firewall we have to supply port numbers, sometimes a range of port numbers, which the author of the CQ100 seems unable to supply. We have had to do the same kind of thing for echo link but were able to do it quite easily because the author(s) were able to supply the relevant port numbers.

Doug in his pre-amble states that no port numbers are needed???

Tnx agn
Ted GI0JQQ
#4     Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:18 pm
MI3STV
Lisburn, Northern Ireland

Subject:

Of course ports are needed. Without them nothing would work over the internet. I dont know why its too hard to tell someone what port range to use. I know i have from about 11000 to 13999 opened on my router for this programme as thats the common range that it uses anytime i run it here.
#5     Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:26 pm
W7RJR
Spokane, WA

Subject: Port numbers

You do not need to open any ports for the program to function.
Try turning your firewall off for a few moments then try CQ100 while it is off. If it works then the firewall is blocking the .exe file from communicating with the internet (not the port). Remember that there could be more than one firewall running on your system, e.g. third party software such as Norton, Windows XP SP2 or a firewall in your router. Any one of them could be the problem. Remember to turn them back on after testing :-)
#6     Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:00 pm
MW0RHD
Llangybi

Subject: Newbi Help PLEASE

I to run the bt voyager 2000 and I have just joined qsonet with no problems at all, I have not set any ports for the prog nor any eceptions in thewindows xp sp2 firewall. it works great. I htink you need to look at your sound card setting.
#7     Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:18 pm
VE3EFC

Subject:

This is an open TCP connection which should not require any port forwarding. You connect outbound to our server port and your TCP Winsock will assign a random port for the incoming back channel. This is how a web browser works. Any firewall or router should be able to handle the random back channel port. The random port is usually around 1000. You can see it with NetStat.

The ports for our six band servers are 24980 to 24985 but i doubt this information will be of any help. These are our ports, not yours. You don't need to open these ports.

I suspect something is running on your computer where you need to authorize CQ100.exe to use the internet.
#8     Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:34 am
SP3OCC
Konin

Subject:

I think so. I have the same problem in my QRL. At home i'm using CQ100 without any problem, at the work, proxy ISA authentification eliminate this...
And a can't do anything...
#9     Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:39 pm
GI0JQQ
Ballycastle, Co Antrim

Subject: Eurika it works

:D :D Ok Lads many many tnx 4 the help, Steve, Dough, and all.

The problem WAS the built in firewall on the Router, so we shut that one down, and configered, the XP firewall, it now works fine.... WHAT A GREAT BIT OF KIT...Keep up the good work Dough..I will put a link to the program on our website, also in the clubs news letter.

Agn mny tnx to all I'll be monitoring 14.250 from 12 noon Sat 25.. :D :D

73 all
Ted GI0JQQ

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.