Archive

Topic: CQ DX...?????? (6 replies)
#1     Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:32 am
G4OBB
Oxford UK

Subject: CQ DX...??????

I'm not too sure how this'll go down, but whilst I have absolutely no problem chatting with my countrymen ,it is sometimes the case that one likes to work"DX" so to speak. So if I call CQ DX, is this regarded as inappropiate? Any views on this are appreciated. Des.
#2     Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:59 am
N2QOJ
Queen Creek AZ

Subject: CQ DX

Absolutely not out of line, OM.

It's supposed to simulate HF so go to the calling frequencey at 14.200 MHz and call CQ DX all you want, then move up or down a few KHz once contact is made.

Have fun!

N2QOJ
#3     Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:03 am
G0DNI
Shrewsbury, UK

Subject: Re: CQ DX

N2QOJ wrote:
Absolutely not out of line, OM.

It's supposed to simulate HF so go to the calling frequencey at 14.200 MHz and call CQ DX all you want, then move up or down a few KHz once contact is made.

Have fun!

N2QOJ

Yes, I agree - it's more polite than telling the chap down the road who answers your call that you don't want to speak to him :shock:

Of course, you might like to qualify just what DX region you are looking for :D
#4     Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:07 am
VE3EFC

Subject:

Hi Des. I see nothing wrong will calling CQ DX. I heard a few people doing it. Qsonet is a simulation of real HF, so feel free to call CQ DX. Its fun to meet people from far-off countries. Its part of the attraction of HF radio. Some people like to practice a different language by rag chewing with DX stations.

I have never been certain about the definition of DX. Is Canada DX for USA? Is France DX for UK?

73 Doug
#5     Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:18 pm
G4OBB
Oxford UK

Subject: Cq DX

Well, that clears that up.Thanks guys..have fun..Des
#6     Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:29 pm
VE9SDD
Saint John

Subject: cq -dx

Well best to my knowlage is a gentalmen thing to do in fact i do it my self on the call frequency any ways have fun with it after all is it what this hobbie all about Fun? :)
#7     Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:20 am
W6ALC
San Jose Ca.

Subject:

:lol: You can work me-- W6ALC/CHINA----Iam here on CQ100 at 2230 UTC on 7220 mhz everyday--and I have a nice card for you on eQSL---73----Red--w6alc--

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.