Archive

Topic: Email bouncing ???????????? (5 replies)
#1     Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:39 am
WB0WLS
Grand Island NE -- Let's work some CW -- CW, music to a ham's ears

Subject: Email bouncing ????????????

I received an email this morning that read:

That means that any email posts to the Group will probably not be sent to you unless that problem is cleared up.

Regards,

Joe, N2QOJ - Moderator for QsoNet_CQ100

I have no idea what "hard bouncing means". My email address is correct.

When I registered and received verification, etc., there was no problem.

What is this all about.

rich ae0v
#2     Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:04 am
G0DNI
Shrewsbury, UK

Subject: Re: Email bouncing ????????????

AE0V wrote:
I received an email this morning that read:

That means that any email posts to the Group will probably not be sent to you unless that problem is cleared up.

Regards,

Joe, N2QOJ - Moderator for QsoNet_CQ100

I have no idea what "hard bouncing means". My email address is correct.

When I registered and received verification, etc., there was no problem.

What is this all about.

rich ae0v

This definition found via Google Search. It doesn't explain how you received this warning email if mail to your address is being bounced? Maybe your anti-spam software is refusing mass emails from the forum administrator?

hard bounce

A hard bounce is an e-mail message that has been returned to the sender because the recipient's address is invalid. A hard bounce might occur because the domain name doesn't exist or because the recipient is unknown. When the recipient's name is known, e-mail may be rejected because the sender's mail box is full or for other reasons. This is known as a soft bounce.

Gary

P.S. Good to work you on CW the other night Rich - FB OM
#3     Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:26 am
VE3EFC

Subject:

Hi Joe,

Are you talking about the yahoo discussion group that was started by N2QOJ ?
I cannot help with those problems because they are nothing to do with the QsoNet company. This is the official discussion group, but others are free to start discussions elsewhere.

Maybe this post will help you..
http://www.qsonet.com/qbb/viewtopic.php?t=181&highlight=yahoo+group

It sounds like someone registered into that group but they gave a bad email address. These things happen all the time.

73 Doug
#4     Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:30 pm
N2QOJ
Queen Creek AZ

Subject: bouncing

Rich,

That email came from me, N2QOJ, directly. It has nothing to do with this Discussion forum. It was sent to your QRZ.com listed email address.

G0DNI's description of hard bouncing is correct. If you have your address at the QsoNet_CQ100 Group correct, then maybe you have it re-directed to another address that is causing the error messages.

If you are receiving messages from the GROUP without any problem, then ignore this whole discussion.

Again, this has nothing to do with VE3EFC's discussion Group, but it is relevant to the YAHOO Group.

Check my email to you - you will find my full contact information there is you have need to follow up with me directly.

Thanks,

Joe, N2QOJ
#5     Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:45 pm
WB0WLS
Grand Island NE -- Let's work some CW -- CW, music to a ham's ears

Subject:

Thanks guys... if I would have "observed" more carefully, it would have sunk into my thick skull that it was the Yahoo group... it was clear in the email that it was from the yahoo group but I didn't look at it carefully enough. :lol:

I think the mailbox was too full with nearly 1000 messages. I guess i had created that yahoo address for another group and never really checked it for mail as it's not my main email address.

I wish there was a way to delete that entire address, but as far as I know, once you create a yahoo email it's just there forever until Yahoo removes it from lack of use..... or at least that is my guess.

Anyway, now I have it figured out. Thanks Joe.

rich ae0v
#6     Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:01 pm
N2QOJ
Queen Creek AZ

Subject: response

No problem, Rich -

I just wanted to make sure you did not miss out on any of the GROUP messages!

If you need help setting up another address for the GROUP, just let me know what you want to use and I will help set that up for you.

Thanks to VE3VFC and G0DNI for the assistance!

Regards,

Joe, N2QOJ

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/QsoNet_CQ100/

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.