Archive

Topic: WHat are the Call Frequencies? (4 replies)
#1     Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:33 pm
LA6PIA
Vaagland

Subject: WHat are the Call Frequencies?

I have noticed that some HAM's having long QSO's on 3.700 and olso using phone mode on the CW part of the band.
Can't the read ?????
#2     Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:09 am
M1NTO
MANCHESTER

Subject:

It does not surprise me though I think education rather than criticism would help those who transgress.
#3     Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:13 am
G0DNI
Shrewsbury, UK

Subject: Re: Having QSO's on the call frequency 3.700

LA6PIA wrote:
I have noticed that some HAM's having long QSO's on 3.700 and olso using phone mode on the CW part of the band.
Can't the read ?????

I didn't think that there was a nominated call frequency on 80m. I thought that the only QsoNet calling frequency was 14.200 MHz.

Please correct me if I am wrong.
#4     Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:57 am
VE3EFC

Subject:

The only call frequencies are 14.200 Voice and 14.058 CW.

Stations can call CQ or others on any frequency they choose. The use of a call frequency was a temporary suggestion when the system had very few users. People seem to like the idea, so we will stick with it. The next version will show CALL FREQUENCY on the display. I am uncomfortable with the idea of call frequencies because real HF does not have call frequencies and this is a simulation of real HF. Its part of operator skill to decide on a frequency to call CQ and other stations.

The use of voice on the CW bands is forbidden, but the use of CW on voice bands is ok. Digital modes are ok anywhere. This is basically according to the HF rules for most countries.

If some station is not obeying the rules, that is no excuse for rudeness. In most cases someone has made a honest mistake possibly due to language problem. Nobody has permission to yell at another station for any reason.

73 Doug
#5     Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:17 am
G0DNI
Shrewsbury, UK

Subject:

Doug,

Thanks for the clarification. May I suggest that you change the title of this thread slightly to avoid any potential misunderstanding :shock:

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.