Archive

Topic: CW breakup/build 181 ??? (2 replies)
#1     Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:33 am
WB0WLS
Grand Island NE -- Let's work some CW -- CW, music to a ham's ears

Subject: CW breakup/build 181 ???

hello doug ... i can't remember for sure now that build 178 is gone, but i thought that fixed the breakup at the beginning from a couple contacts i made ... but, with build 181, the break up is there.

I thought i would reload 178 and see if the breakup was gone, but 178 is gone, so can't try it. I should have saved it on my computer :?

any information on this ?? have you noticed the breakup on 181?

thanks again for all your efforts. if the breakup remains, i can live with it ... just stick in a couple of v's at the beginning :)

rich ae0v
#2     Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:33 pm
VE3EFC

Subject:

Build 181 solved the CW breakup by pausing a couple seconds before sending the first character. This fix applies to the transmitting station only. If you are listening to a station who is not using build 181, you will still hear the breakup because he begins sending without enough pause for the connection to stablize. Some stations always have breakup problems.

http://www.qsonet.com/qbb/viewtopic.php?t=52

#3     Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:14 am
HL5KY
Pusan, Korea

Subject:

I was having CW qso with Rich at that time with build 181 both sides. Both heard breakup each other so we started couple of v's at the beginning of TX to remove the breakup. We hope you check it again.

Thanks for your work.

Joe, HL5KY

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.