Archive

Topic: Windows 8 question (3 replies)
#1     Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:26 pm
W2BLC
Altamont, NY

Subject: Windows 8 question

Anyone using CQ100 with Windows 8? Problems?

Thanks,

Bill W2BLC
#2     Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:33 pm
W2BLC
Altamont, NY

Subject: Now using Win 8

I bought a new laptop that came with Win8. No problems noted with CQ100 or the TV.

When I first tried to install CQ100, Win8 told me it was a security risk and a click of the OK button stopped the installation. However, if you click on MORE, you will get a button to click for an over-ride of Win8's warning and install. That is what I did.

All works just fine. Fact is, because I was a serious user of my own desktop design on Win7 - there is little difference for me with Win8.

Don't be afraid of Win8 - I do a load of numbers crunching, website building, email, surfing, and artwork - no problems.

Bill W2BLC
#3     Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:14 pm
VE3EFC

Subject:

Hi Bill,

Thanks for this report.

I am surprised you got that Windows warning about security risk. We digitally signed all our programs a year ago to avoid this warning. It was expensive for us. Did you use a recent download from the web site, or did you use an older installer?

If someone buys a new Windows 8 computer with McAfee installed, there will be a problem with QsoTv. See the FAQ for how to solve this problem. A rumor got started that QsoTV is not compatible with Windows 8, but the problem was McAfee, not Windows 8.

73, Doug
#4     Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:31 pm
W2BLC
Altamont, NY

Subject:

I got that warning using a Lenovo with McAfee - today I set up a Toshiba using Avast and received no warning. Download, enter the required info, and CQ100 was up and running.

I used the same version for both computers.

I have found there is little rhyme or reason when dealing with consumer level computers - no two are alike.

Bill W2BLC

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.