Archive

Topic: CHANGES (4 replies)
#1     Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:17 am
KB0NSO
independence mo 64056

Subject: CHANGES

JUST WANTED TO NOW IF THERE'S GOING TO BE ANY CHANGES ON CQ 100 IN THE FUTURE ANDRODE OR ANY CHANGES TO THE TRANSMITTER ALSO ADVERTISING FOR CQ 100 THERE OR A LOT OF HAM THAT DON'T NOW ABOUT CQ 100 POSSIBLE QRZ OR FACE BOOK NEED MORE PEOPLE
#2     Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:00 pm
NJ3H
Stephens City, Virginia, USA

Subject:

There haven't been any enhancements to CQ100 since I joined three years ago. A great program, but so many have made good suggestions that just fall on deaf ears. Is it any wonder people are not renewing when their time is up?

One has to ask themselves is it worth $39 a year to see the same few stations on CQ100? Why not just use skype or some other free chat program. I, for one, haven't made up my mind if I will renew come January. I am strongly leaning to NO.
#3     Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:53 pm
KE0N
Minneapolis, MN

Subject: Agreed

CQ100 is a great concept and fits a real need in the amateur community. The application is very good.

The two issues I see:

- No sense of community except a few diehard proponents. An active community within the forum and online complete with events, contests, new opportunities

- No active development.

Too bad, I believe having an engaged community and an active, participative development process would triple the user base and spawn a vibrant community. Oh well!
#4     Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:28 pm
KF4O
Taipei, Taiwan

Subject:

I agree with you Eliot...esp with the "active development" part. That seems to affect the morale of the whole community.
thanks for taking the time to write!
It's a great tool for me, esp with CW, as I am not able to use a radio here in Taiwan.
Randy, KF4O
Taipei, Taiwan
#5     Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:44 pm
KE0N
Minneapolis, MN

Subject:

Hello Randy-

Perhaps Doug's strong suit is development and he doesn't care much for developing the community. I don't know. I am also a CW op and would stay with CQ100 if there were a solid user base.

It seems entirely possible to have users post requests for features to the developer or a development team and have active responses through forum moderators. Most IT/application shops have a layer of insulation so the developers don't have to engage the minutia of day to day 'complaints'.

Most successful web sites have moderators (many from the user community) who gladly serve as focal points for the forum group or sub-group. I could easily see a moderator for an awards program, cw/digital, ssb, special events, development - all assigned by Doug or a chief moderator.

This doesn't have to be all on one person - and many sites have people more than willing to take these roles. It does take enthusiasm and engagement with the users.

This is not an indictment or disparagement of the developer or site - just disappointment that it could be much more, and not left to atrophy.

Copyright ©2013 Cormac Technologies Inc.